We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rubbish disposal inside the city walls.

Suffolk
Destination Expert
for Lucca
Level Contributor
416 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Rubbish disposal inside the city walls.

I don't recall seeing this mentioned before here. Visitors staying inside the walls have to beware of the rubbish collection days and for what things they can put out/when. Since the New Year there is an easy option, in via dei Bacchettoni there are now four rubbish chutes to underground bins- general waste, recycling, glass and green waste. They are very easy to use and a convenient option. They are situated at the via Elisa end, a short walk for the junction there.

South East England...
Level Contributor
3,989 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rubbish disposal inside the city walls.

Hi SuffolkLucchese,

Thankyou for the information, we use the underground car park in via dei Bacchettoni so will be convenient if we miss the collections when we stay later in the year.

mesh

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,548 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rubbish disposal inside the city walls.

Suffolk-Luccchese,

What impact does this have on the previous practice of setting bags of trash out by the roadside for pick-up?

Suffolk
Destination Expert
for Lucca
Level Contributor
416 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rubbish disposal inside the city walls.

At present no change, outside the walls things are changing in a number of districts going to bins and withdrawing the large communal bins, this has been going on for the last 18 months or so, but inside the walls nothing changes and this site is nowhere near big enough to cope with the city. I don't know of any others being constructed as yet. Inside the walls we pay a fair chunk of rubbish tax for the collections and street cleaning so its unlikely to change in the near future.

United States
Level Contributor
9,623 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rubbish disposal inside the city walls.

I've posted this before but it's gone to the bottom of the threads. Here's the last schedule I have for trash days. It's in Italian but pretty easy to figure out or run through a translation program.

sistemaambientelucca.it/assets/…racc_cs.pdf

TAB

South East England...
Level Contributor
3,989 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rubbish disposal inside the city walls.

Just to add that when out walking last night past the play-park by Porta San Donato, I noticed that chutes for rubbish have also been installed there, just by the walls.

mesh

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rubbish disposal inside the city walls.

Oi, Mesh, are you there NOW.? Write more. Tell is what you see, hear, eat....if vicarious is all ya got...is good!!

South East England...
Level Contributor
3,989 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rubbish disposal inside the city walls.

Hi Savannahmame,

Yes we are back in Lucca, just at the start of our annual summer holiday in this lovely city.

mesh

canada
Level Contributor
117 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rubbish disposal inside the city walls.

Hello Mesh..just wondering if Lucca is a place that you would like to retire to? My wife and I spent 3 months there this past winter and were quite entranced with the city..... But to travel there each year from Canada would eat up much of our budget..so its not a place where we can go every year. Regards Robert

South East England...
Level Contributor
3,989 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rubbish disposal inside the city walls.

Hi spryfield,

What we would like is to spend the summer months in Lucca and the rest of the year back in the UK. Our 22 year old daughter who is a teacher and loves Lucca as much as we do (we have yet to have a holiday here without her staying with us for a week or so) says she would love to get a job in the vicinity of the city (she works with children who have profound and multiple learning disabilities) and live within the walls. So you never know one day we might even have a base in Lucca!!

mesh

10. Re: Rubbish disposal inside the city walls.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, July 09, 2013