We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cinque Terra

Which Lucca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kinross, Scotland
Level Contributor
41 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Cinque Terra

What is the best use of 1 day in Cinque Terra? It's my birthday on 17th March. My husband and I will be staying in Lucca for 5 days and thought we would take the train to C.T. for the day. Where should we get off the train? What would a reasonable walk between the 2 'best' villages be and does anyone have a favourite place for a lovely lunch? Many thanks.

perth
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cinque Terra

Alfie's mum, perhaps this will be too late if you were in Lucca for your birthday, but here goes anyhow. If you leave Lucca early ,by train, you could actually get the whole walk in, in a day. Get off the train at either end; Monterosso or Riomaggiore, and you can walk to the other end in a day. Better to take more than one day but if you only have one,and can walk the distance, go for it and enjoy.Lennyb

Michigan USA
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cinque Terra

We spent 10 days in Tuscany in Aug. We stayed at an agritourismo centrally located, with the coast, Pisa, Florence, and Siena all about an hour away. Each day we took off in our rental car for a different destination(s), and got back to our place late at night. Day trips included Cinque Terre - we did all 5 villages in one day easily, Florence, Siena, and many hilltop villages.

If you'd like an outline of our trip with maps and photos including what worked/highlights/etc., Send an email: pkelly@triton.net

Paul

retired elementary teacher

Michigan, USA