We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lucca craft market or viareggio antique market last sunday...

jeb
philly pa
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Topic
lucca craft market or viareggio antique market last sunday...

good day

i will be in west coast of tuscany the last sunday of july

noticed that there is a craft market in lucca and a antique market in viareggio

has any one been to these markets?? are they worth going to?

any input/comments will be apprciated

graci

jeb, from philly

Los Angeles,CA
Level Contributor
151 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lucca craft market or viareggio antique market last sunday...

Hi--. We're going the last Sun in July. Frommer's says it's at Piazza San Giusto. I've looked on a yahoosearch for the Piazza and can't find it. I don't think it's located inside the city walls, there's something with this name similar outside the city walls....Regardless, we're going anyway--if you hear of anything please post or let me know--we're interested, too... Thanks

rome
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: lucca craft market or viareggio antique market last sunday...

It's in the centre of Lucca, close to the duomo , every third weekend of every month.It's a big one, worth depending on what you are looking for.

For accommodation check the official tourist board website www.lucca.turismo.toscana.it/

Ciao

Francesco

jeb
philly pa
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: lucca craft market or viareggio antique market last sunday...

francesco

tks yr input

sunday of july 31 is last sunday, info we find in states is that antique market is in viareggio and lucca has craft market

was wondering what "craft market" is??

tks again

jeb

San Francisco
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lucca craft market or viareggio antique market last sunday...

The information I have from Frommers book is that there is a huge antiques market the third Sunday and preceding Saturday of every month in Piazza Antelminelli and the streets around the Duomo in Lucca. And it has spawned a local art market on Piazza del Aranico on the same dates. Has anyone been to these or knows anything about them??