We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to find a restaurant!

Which Fiesole hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,459 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to find a restaurant!

We are going to be in Italy in May again and this time spending a few days in Florence. The last time we were in Florence was with a tour group and one of our excursions was to a restaurant in Fiesole - it had very unique wooden wine glass sort-of sculptures on the walls - very large, probably 6 feet or so. It also had great views of Florence. Does this restaurant sound at all familiar to you? We'd love to go back. Thanks!

fresno
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to find a restaurant!

Hallo it could be Ristorante Aurora in Fiesole www.villaurora.net

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,459 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to find a restaurant!

I'm afraid that's not it. Thanks for your reply.

New York
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to find a restaurant!

I believe it may be Ristorante Perseus. Wonderful gnocchi with pesto sauce!

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,459 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to find a restaurant!

Thank you! I'll try to find a website and see if this is the one. Fingers crossed!

Fairfax, VA
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to find a restaurant!

Is it La Reggia? We stayed in Fiesole in May 2005 and dined there. The food was excellent and the view amazing. We ate outside, though, so I do not recall what the decor was like inside. La Reggia is on the hill on the way to San Francesco. Even if this is not the restaurant you visited, I still recommend you go there. I just posted a review of Le Cannelle B&B (it should be up in a few days) and included a photo of the restaurant - maybe it will look familiar. Good luck!

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,459 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trying to find a restaurant!

Thanks, Tricky-T! I'll check it out. Hope it's the one!

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trying to find a restaurant!

The #7 bus takes you from the center of town to the center of Fiesole, and from there you could walk around and find it. Fiesole is quite small, and I've never seen long waits at the restaurants - in the middle of summer.

If you're up for it, walk about 25 yards up the steep street that goes up out of the main intersection in Fiesole (where the bus turns right just before letting you off) to a multi-level terrace (park) with stunning views over Firenze. Yes, it's better than from the restaurants. Watching the sunset, and afterwards, it's a world-class view.

Fiesole also has an ancient amphitheatre on its "back side", but you probably saw it on your tour.

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,459 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trying to find a restaurant!

Thank you, Firewind. We didn't see the ampitheatre on our tour. We were actually staying in Florence at the time and just went to Fiesole for dinner. Thanks for the advice!

St. Paul, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trying to find a restaurant!

I just saw a restaurant called "La Cave di Mariano" on the travel channel that looked incredible, with a beautiful terrace. We hope to go there when we're in Florence in June. Perhaps this is the one.

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,459 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trying to find a restaurant!

Thanks, Shirley! I'll check it out. Maybe it's THE ONE!

Get answers to your questions about Fiesole