We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in former monastary?

Albuquerque, NM
2 posts
Save Topic
Hotel in former monastary?

Someone told me about a place to stay in Fiesole that is a former monastary. I have searched extensively but have had no luck finding such a place. Does anybody know of this place?

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
82 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in former monastary?

I don't know if any of these are the place that you are looking for, but they are all former monasteries.

http://www.linari.it/

http://www.monasterosansilvestro.it/

http://www.santantonio.it/

fresno
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in former monastary?

Hallo I think the hotel you look for in Fiesole is Villa san michele, there is also Villa aurora but it is a old theater By By

kohala coast, hawaii
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in former monastary?

it's Villa San Michele - a Wonderful place. go to www.orienthotels.com - click on European hotels, click on Villa San Michele...

los angeles
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in former monastary?

I did stay in an "almost" retired convent in Fiesole, on Via San Girolamo. The place was run by irish catholic nuns (Piccola Compagnia di Mary ?!?- I am not sure of the exact name).

The building was grandiose,with great artifacts, surrounded by an unbelievebale olive orchard, great walking paths, overlooking Florence, the dome ,etc).Rooms were scarcely furnished,with bath , large, with great views of Florence, up on the hill, a couple of yards from center and the bus #7 for Florence; great parking lot, splendid dining room , with a center table for 12 (or more), along with smaller tables; furniture, tableware, were all old and beautiful.Great meals!The rates were a small fraction of what you would pay elsewhere.Not to mention the uniqueness of the place , that can not be priced!I keep trying to find them , but the place may be closed ( I suspect it was bought by someone that will turn it in a very expensive hotel ;I only hope they will preserve the beauty of the old convent).cnsm@aol.com

los angeles
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in former monastary?

I did stay in an "almost" retired convent in Fiesole, on Via San Girolamo. The place was run by irish catholic nuns (Piccola Compagnia di Mary ?!?- I am not sure of the exact name).

The building was grandiose,with great artifacts, surrounded by an unbelievebale olive orchard, great walking paths, overlooking Florence, the dome ,etc).Rooms were scarcely furnished,with bath , large, with great views of Florence, up on the hill, a couple of yards from center and the bus #7 for Florence; great parking lot, splendid dining room , with a center table for 12 (or more), along with smaller tables; furniture, tableware, were all old and beautiful.Great meals!The rates were a small fraction of what you would pay elsewhere.Not to mention the uniqueness of the place , that can not be priced!I keep trying to find them , but the place may be closed ( I suspect it was bought by someone that will turn it in a very expensive hotel ;I only hope they will preserve the beauty of the old convent).cnsm@aol.com

los angeles
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in former monastary?

Get answers to your questions about Fiesole