We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Know any good restaurants in Florence????

Zürich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Know any good restaurants in Florence????

can anyone recommend a restaurant in Florence for a special anniversary dinner in August, a dinner for 7 people! Elegant and special, price less important than very good.

New England
Level Contributor
133 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Know any good restaurants in Florence????

A place called Corsini was recommended and said was elegant and memorable. Former Palace near Ponto Vecchio. We had the kids, so chose more casual eating. Can someone who has eaten there comment on it? I have address & phone if you want more info.

London, UK
Level Contributor
520 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Know any good restaurants in Florence????

Ristorante Corsini on the Lungarno Corsini is good - you can sit inside or out - if it is your first visit then sit outside as you have a marvellous view of the Pontevecchio & can see San Miniato, soak up the atmosphere and the traffic fumes, but loads of atmosphere. The restaurant inside looks pretty smart. Other places to go might be the Antinori restaurant at the top of the Tornabuoni, I think in Palazzo Antinori.....there are Florentine Classics like Enoteca Pinchiorri which is stratospherically expensive, Cibreo is good as is Beccofino. What about places like the Osteria Santa Spirito where you can soak up the atmosphere in a typically Italian environment and sit in a lovely piazza particularly if you are there in August. Hope that helps and have a lovely time

Zürich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Know any good restaurants in Florence????

Thank you! If there are other ideas let me know, many places are closed in August so I need several ideas... Expensive is ok if it is good, I'm not looking for a family restaurant.

Rome
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Know any good restaurants in Florence????

absolutely fantastic but extremely expensive is enoteca pinchiorri one of the best restaurant in europe (also a 3 star micheline)

fantastic food and outrageously marvellous wine list

if it's a special occasion definitely go for it !!

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
728 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Know any good restaurants in Florence????

Some suggestions: Boccanegra for a romantic atmosphere with excellent Florentine cuisine a little off the beaten path/definitely not a tourist trap. Buca Lapi for the must of Florentine cuisine, bistecca alla fiorentina. I love dining al fresco at Da Ganino, but not as much a nice place for an anniversary dinner with a large party. La Giostra is always a popular stand-by that would be a good setting, but I am inclined to say that it has slipped a little in recent years and is resting somehwhat on its reputation. The best dining experience for your purposes really is the most renowned restaurant in Florence, Enoteca Pinchiorre, but you may exit having had to swallow a bill for 1500-2000 Euros for your party of seven (or more, depending on the wine).

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,704 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Know any good restaurants in Florence????

A useful paperback book is "The Food Lover's Guide to Florence" by Emily Wise Miller, published by Ten Speed Press, Berkeley. (www.tenspeed.com)

She gives good descriptions of a wide range of Florentine restaurants covering all price ranges and types. Whilst I would not agree with every single judgement she makes I think that on the whole she is pretty reliable