We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this feasible???

Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Is this feasible???

Our flight to Pisa from Paris Orly arrives at 20:30. We want a quick look at the Leaning Tower, then take the train to Florence.

Questions:

1) How long would the #3 bus from the airport to Leaning

Tower take? ( I read from the forums that this would be my

best alternative)

2) How long should I allot to look to look at the Leaning Tower?

How far up can we go up ( I have an 8-yr-old and a 12-yr-

old in tow)

3) Would there still be enough light to view the tower by about

9:30 pm in July?

Thanks in advance!!!

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this feasible???

1. Looking into the CTP website (Pisa bus company - cpt.pisa.it) I see that the no. 3 line stops at eight something in the evening. You would have the B line, which is a night line. I took the 3 in daylight from the train station, which is closer, and it took fifteen minutes appr. (without waiting time)

2. I can't find the times for the Tower, but I see the camposanto nearby closes at 19:30 in the summer (go to duomo.pisa.it). The Tower is open to 8 yrs old and up. It's best to reserve a ticket in advance, as they take small groups at set times

3. I wouldn't bank on being there at 21:30 as your airplane lands at 20:30 and you want to take a bus to get there. Anyways, it should be around dusk.

Bottom line - I would try to schedule a daytime visit (maybe on the way back?)

I hope I have been of help

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,954 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this feasible???

I would agree strongly with Anon. If your plane is only scheduled to land at 20.30 then it is far too late to get by bus to Pisa and do anything other than look at the outsides of the buildings. The Baptistry is open in summer 8 am to 7.40 pm; the Camposanto is 9 am to 5.40 pm; the Duomo is 10 am - 7.40 pm, Monday to Saturday, 1 pm to 7.40 pm on Sundays.

Check on www.opapisa.it for buying tickets in advance