We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence in October

NY, NY
1 post
Save Topic
Florence in October

My husband and I are planning a trip to Florence in October - 1st time there for both of us.

Is October a good time to visit - any special concerns we should have visiting at this time of year?

Rome
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Florence in October

usually october in florence is nice, you have very good chances of sun and mild temperatures around 20c (during the day). if you are not lucky you may find rain and temperatures in the range of 10c (daytime)

enjoy your trip !

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
578 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florence in October

I did my first trip to Florence in early October and it was perfect. Sunny and warm but not too hot, as it can get in the summer. It was lovely weather for walking around the city.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,710 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florence in October

Florence October monthly average maximum 73F (23C); monthly average minimum 52F (11C); rainfall average 3.9 inches; relative humidity 81%

Last 2 weeks in September and first 2 weeks in October are our favoured times for visiting northern Italy. There are no public holidays between the Feast of the Assumption (Ferragosto) on 15 August and All Saints (Tutti Santi) on 1 November so no problems with shops, banks or restaurants shutting unexpectedly.