We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuscany Small Group tours

washington, dc
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Tuscany Small Group tours

Can anyone recommend any small group day trip tours from Florence to Tuscany? There are 2 of us and we'd like to be with a group no larger than 10. I've searched the forums and seem to only be able to find large bus tours and private tours. Any help would be appreciated! We are looking to go between 29Sep and 01October.

Thank you!

Cascais, Portugal
Level Contributor
480 posts
80 reviews
1. Re: Tuscany Small Group tours

I have reservations with Tuscan Wine Tours next month. The groups are 8 people and they visit two wineries plus lunch. The reviews are very good but I obviously don't have first hand experience yet....

washington, dc
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Tuscany Small Group tours

Thanks Kathryn! I'll look into that option.

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,391 posts
82 reviews
3. Re: Tuscany Small Group tours

We will be in Florence for a week, mid-October. That tour sounds like just right. Hotel pick up? Any idea of price? Thank you.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
376 posts
85 reviews
4. Re: Tuscany Small Group tours

We just did the Chianti Wine Time tour with Tuscan Wine Tours (through the Tuscan Wine School in Florence), and had a wonderful time! There were 4 couples on the tour. Great wine, great views, great food, great people! Highly recommend!

tuscan-wine-tours.com/Florence_wine_tours.htm

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
376 posts
85 reviews
5. Re: Tuscany Small Group tours

Sorry -- to add a bit more information:

We met at the Tuscan Wine School. It was a fairly short walk from our hotel (we were half way between the Duomo and the Palazzo Vecchio). We did a short introduction class to the wine we would be tasting (and yes, that included tasting a Chianti!). We have done a number of tastings/tours here in the States, but the introduction was helpful to learn about Italian Chianti Classico.

Looks like the price is 100 Euros (we had 5 Euros off for each of us since we booked a couple of weeks early). Definitely worth the price! I looked up a number of other tours before deciding to go with this one. Since we only had a half-day to do a tour (we did the afternoon tour), this one offered the most "bang for your buck." All the others I looked at were much shorter and only visited one winery. This one included two wineries, plus food!

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,391 posts
82 reviews
6. Re: Tuscany Small Group tours

Was that 100 euros for each or for couple? Would like to do "best bang for the buck" with winery, hotel pick- up and meal. Thank you.

Cascais, Portugal
Level Contributor
480 posts
80 reviews
7. Re: Tuscany Small Group tours

Both tours look to be from the same company. The tour I'm taking is a full day and includes lunch plus the other stops, and the cost is 140 euros. There is a meeting spot - they don't pick up at hotels. The tour the other Kathryn is speaking of - is a half day.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
376 posts
85 reviews
8. Re: Tuscany Small Group tours

The tour we did (sounds like the smaller version of what Oklahoma Kathryn is doing) was 100 euros per person (95, since we booked early). I looked at number of half-day tours, and many of them cost 65-100+ euros and only lasted around 3 hours. This one was scheduled for 5 1/2 hours. They do not pick up from hotels, but if you're staying anywhere in Florence, it's probably a short walk (or cab ride, if you really don't want to walk). The price included a short class (with tasting), 2 wineries (with transportation to and from, of course), and food at the last one.

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,391 posts
82 reviews
9. Re: Tuscany Small Group tours

That sounds just right. Thanks, Skidea. We will be staying at Atlantic Palace on via Nazionale. I think that is close to everything.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
109 posts
57 reviews
10. Re: Tuscany Small Group tours

I'm doing a wine and cooking program with Accidental Tourist on Wednesday, I'll be reporting back here after that. I can tell you they were very nice and responsive in the planning stages.