We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying into Pisa

Wiltshire UK
Level Contributor
167 posts
183 reviews
Save Topic
Flying into Pisa

Daughter & bf on budget. In October for 3 nights 4 days. Flying in & out of Pisa to see Tower and then art galleries, architecture, contryside, cafe culture...... etc, etc Florence, Siena, San Gimignano by public transport anyone got some great tips for a budget mini break for mid twenties? Be grateful for any tips/advice as the area is unknown to us

worcester, uk
Level Contributor
444 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying into Pisa

If you turn right out of the airport, you will see the coaches/buses & related ticket booths for florence & siena. The bus to pisa central is to the left. Very easy

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,782 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying into Pisa

Trains Pisa to Florence (Firenze) www.trenitalia.com Click on the UK flag for current train times, validate train tickets before boarding, in the validation boxes.

Buses Firenze to Siena and to San Gimignano www.busfox.com/timetable

Florence to Pisa airport buses www.terravision.eu

Accommodation www.venere.com www.bed-and-breakfast-in-italy.com

www.aboutpisa.info www.discovertuscany.com

Greater London...
Level Contributor
4,470 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying into Pisa

Where are they thinking of staying? Florence is the most convenient transport "hub" in the area ( and, to my mind, the most interesting) but, unfortunately, is also the most expensive - and October is not a cheap time. It would help if you could give some idea of their budget for accommodation.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,409 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying into Pisa

You don't say what time they arrive and depart Pisa.

IMO, with only 3 nights I would stay in Florence, which is an hour + from Pisa by regional train. Don't forget to validate the ticket in the machine.

To the top right is FAQ's, which has information about arriving/departing and making reservations to skip the line at the Accademia and Uffizi.

The map in their guidebook will show Florence is quite compact and walkable. The train station, Firenze S.M. Novella, is about a 10 minute walk to the Duomo.

Florence itself will keep them occupied for 3 nights, they might not have time to make any day trips to Siena and/or S.G.

Wiltshire UK
Level Contributor
167 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying into Pisa

Thank you

They fly in early so plan to see LT then onward transport to Florence then whatever they can fit in but making it enjoyable and not rushing here and there all the time. If they did Florence one day then could they do Siena or somewhere else the second? They hoped to keep to a budget of £300 for flight & accom & have spent £100 on their 2 flights so have £200 left for 3 nights accom - is this doable in Florence?

Edited: 1:24 pm, August 16, 2014
Greater London...
Level Contributor
4,470 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying into Pisa

Siena is an easy trip from Florence, they can take either the train or bus, it's a beautiful city steeped in history.

£200 for three nights works out roughly to 80 euro a night which is a bit on the low side for a double room in Florence in October - I always go at a cheaper time, but if they've already bought their air tickets, they don't have any chance to do that.

Have a look at the links Nurioopta posted, if there's nothing suitable in Florence, there might be something in Siena, then they could have a day trip to Florence.

Both Florence and Siena are beautiful, I hope they find something they like.

Greater London...
Level Contributor
4,470 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying into Pisa

I was too late to edit, but I meant to say that Lucca is very nice and might be cheaper than Siena.

Good luck!

Wiltshire UK
Level Contributor
167 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying into Pisa

thank you everyone I think she has enough info now. it has made me want to visit too now!

9. Re: Flying into Pisa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 21, 2015