We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

statue of David tour

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
11 reviews
statue of David tour

Hi, We plan to go and see the Statue of David and would like to hear all about it. Can anyone please recommend a tour/guide company that you used and enjoyed. Would like to see the museum also, but mostly the Statue.

thanks.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
12,536 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: statue of David tour

I've used this company for another tour (Vasari Corridor/Uffizi & Palazza Vecchio): florencetown.com/eng/florence-tours/half-day…

Her English was very good and she was quite informative. I think www.artviva.com also does a tour.

IMO, you can certainly use your guidebook for information regarding the history of David. To the top right under Top Questions, you'll see the link where you can pre-book your tickets to skip the line.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
63 reviews
2. Re: statue of David tour

David is definitely the star at the Accademia, but don't think you need a guide or a tour to see and learn about it. There are countless means to educate yourself on this masterpiece. The museum itself is relatively small, but other pieces of great art. They do a good job describing the history of each piece of art. Buy your tickets in advance....you pick them up directly across the street from the entrance to the museum.

Edited: 2:37 pm, May 30, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,235 posts
65 reviews
3. Re: statue of David tour

Agreed....the Accademia is quite small. You certainly don't need a guide.

Sandy, Oregon
Level Contributor
12 posts
28 reviews
4. Re: statue of David tour

I agree, the museum is easy to tour on your own, but would advise you to book your tickets in advance. The first room is full of large paintings. David is featured in the room with sculptures and you can view on your own.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
43 posts
56 reviews
5. Re: statue of David tour

We were just there in early May. I agree with the other posts. We rented the audio guides at the Academia (you will need your passport to reserve one.) The David is awesome! As suggested, get your tickets early or have your hotel or B&B reserve you a time slot. See my comments on reservations for the Academia in this forum.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
11 reviews
6. Re: statue of David tour

thank you to everyone who replied to my post, all very helpful and really looking forward to seeing this amazing sculpture.

Manila
Level Contributor
57 posts
71 reviews
7. Re: statue of David tour

Forence for Foodies. They have a Nude and Food Tour that takes you on a brief tour of the Accademia with focus on David followed by a food tour immediately after.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: statue of David tour

Download Rick Steve's Audio Europe app from here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details…

(there is also iPhone version available).

Then download walking audio tours from within the app. There is walking guide for the Accademia from Florence, Italy section. It's about 20 min. long and it has a lot of info about David and the rest of the museum.

I just did this walking tour today morning and it was great. All you need is your phone and headset.

Edited: 9:52 am, June 02, 2014
NY
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
105 reviews
9. Re: statue of David tour

Nude and Food tour? Egads What next, Florence for nudies??? I knew it wasn't "Trenitalia" at all but something that rhymes with it

Anyway, agree with others you do not need to pay for a tour of Accademia although perhaps at the risk of selling some of the other artwork short.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: statue of David tour

thanks Eugene 2007. My nephew has downloaded the apps for me, We had so much trouble trying to book tickets online with our credit card, I emailed our hotel and they have reserved our tickets for us (easy as that!!).