We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Curious..........

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
117 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Curious..........

I was in Florence during Easter, and ever since I've left I've been curious about one thing. While walking, I noticed a serial killer type of museum, which I always thought as odd to have in all places Florence! Can anyone tell me exactly what's in there? I wanted to tour it, but was a bit scared, and I also had my 5 year old with me.

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Curious..........

Where about was it?

nashville
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Curious..........

I lived in Florence for two months a couple years ago and nevere ran across this but there was a notorious serial killer in the Florence area for many years who murdered parked couples -- maybe it was about this case

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Curious..........

I really doubt they set up a museum for "Il mostro di Firenze".

Even more considering that the case is somehow still pending.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
117 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Curious..........

I can't remember the street, but it was about 2 blocks from the San Lorenzo Market (with your back to the church there). It wasn't a museum about just one killer. Because in the entrance there were pictures of Son of Sam, and Jefferey Dahmer (this is what caught my eye, being as I am from Milwaukee,WI). There were also others.

This will now bother until I find out. Ugggh!!!!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
117 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Curious..........

I can't really say that it was a museum, because if hadn't been looking at the shops going down the street, I never would have known it was there. I just turned, and saw the huge poster boards on the wall, along with like a plastic/wax mold of Jeffery Dahmer's head and shoulders.

Chicago
Level Contributor
369 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Curious..........

Wow, I forgot about "Il Mostro"! I lived outside of Florence in the 80's, and we were always a little concerned about our little buddy that killed couples making out in their cars.

They never did catch the guy, did they?

Carl Hag.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,000 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Curious..........

The alleged Mostro had been caught and actually died in jail (of old age) a few years ago. But the picture is still far from being clear-- in fact the cse is still being investigated.

nashville
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Curious..........

I read an article not long ago that suggested that

their was some local police complicity in shielding

the well connected miscreant -- they actually tried

to prosecute the guy investigating to write an article

rather than actually going after the suspected

killer.

9. Re: Curious..........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:30 am, August 12, 2009