We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florance to Amsterdam

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Florance to Amsterdam

We are planning a trip in Aug 2014 in Florance and Amsterdam. We will start in Florance and end in Amsterdam. The trains look very long from Florance to Amsterdam. Are there any low cost airlines that fly out of Florance?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florance to Amsterdam

It's Florence.

Check www.kayak.com or www.skyscanner.com

You might also check flights between Amsterdam and Milan, from which you could then take a train if there are no flights between Amsterdam and Florence.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,147 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florance to Amsterdam

Also check for flights Pisa to Amsterdam, as Pisa airport is easily reached from Florence.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florance to Amsterdam

It's funny - Pisa is so off my radar that I never think of that - that would be a better solution than Milan.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
27,723 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Florance to Amsterdam

Transavia flies cheaply from Pisa to Amsterdam.

Quainton, United...
Level Contributor
7,621 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Florance to Amsterdam

1) Florence (depart 13:00) to Milan Centrale (arrive 14:40) in 1h40 from €19, www.trenitalia.com - by all means take an earlier train and see a bit of Milan. Milan Centrale is an experience in itself, a real landmark.

2) Milan Centrale (depart 15:10) to Zurich HB (arrive 18:51) in 3h41 from €22, a wonderful scenic ride through the Gotthard route across the Swiss Alps, www.italiarail.com (as this is easier to use for international trains than trenitalia.com)

3) Zurich to Amsterdam time-effectively overnight on an excellent City Night Line sleeper train, departing Zurich HB at 20:54 and arriving Amsterdam Centraal at 08:56 next morning, a stroll to most hotels. Book this sleeper from €59 with couchette, €104 with a bed in a 2-bed sleeper or €134 with a bed in a 2-bed deluxe sleeper with shower & toilet, breakfast included, at the German railways website www.bahn.de/en and print your own ticket.

Tuscany, Italy
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Florance to Amsterdam

Alitalia/KLM operates 2 daily flights from Florence to Amsterdam.

You may also check Ryanair flight from Pisa to Eindhoven.

OT: Man In Seat 61 I'm very glad to meet you here. Your web page is great was really helpful to me during my last trip to India, thank you so much!

Edited: 8:18 am, October 22, 2013
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Florance to Amsterdam

Thanks everybody for the great information! And the spell check.

Munich
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Florance to Amsterdam

Distance between Florance to Amsterdam is 1045.85 km or 649.86 miles.

By by airway you have pay atleast 270 €* per head(1 stop travel).

And I have no idea about train..

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
27,723 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Florance to Amsterdam

<By by airway you have pay atleast 270 €* per head(1 stop travel).>

Transavia flights from Pisa currently start at €55 for next August, with many flights at €65. The bus fare from Florence to Pisa Airport currently costs the same as the bus fare from central Florence to Florence airport.

10. Re: Florance to Amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 25, 2014