We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currently in Florence, need advice.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Currently in Florence, need advice.

Hi

I am currently in Florence and wanted some advice on where I can buy some comfortable shoes and if there is a brand I should look for in particular. I am staying not far from the Pitti Palace but happy to walk anywhere for some relief for my feet.

Thanks in advance

Rebecca

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Best Seller
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
7,237 Reviews
from $104.20*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,346 Reviews
from $104.20*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Day Trip with Transport...
762 Reviews
from $104.20*
Italy
Level Contributor
39,683 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currently in Florence, need advice.

Geox have good comfortable walking shoes, there's a shop in via Panzani, 4

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,610 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currently in Florence, need advice.

Florence is a great place to buy shoes. I have bought three pairs there and been very well satisfied. There are many shops around town, with widely varying prices that might help you. Be warned that it is easy to pay very high prices in Florence, but if you walk about a bit (if you can) a little shopping might every pay for the time.

And, in my experience, the shoe store clerks have been knowledgeable and helpful.

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
342 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currently in Florence, need advice.

I'll second the Geox recommendation. I have only bought ballet flat styles (and only purchased them in the US but am assuming they are made the same for the Italian market?), but they are the only shoes that I don't have to break in. I wear them at work for 12 hour days on my feet, and have worn them daily on trips to Italy walking all day long. They have a nice almost sport shoe bottom to them and they have never given me blisters.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
4. Re: Currently in Florence, need advice.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 10, 2014