We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

firenze card

liverpool ny
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
firenze card

Just went to the Firenze site for a card and the price was 72 euros.

The last price I saw on the forums was 50 euros, is there a fee to buy

online?

Mentioned in this post
Firenze Suite
Firenze Suite
337 Reviews
Florence, Italy
Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
7,165 Reviews
from $107.10*
Special Offer
Florence Super Saver: Best of...
1,583 Reviews
from $101.20*
$135.70
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,313 Reviews
from $107.10*
Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
11,679 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: firenze card

No, they have bumped up the price this year. Big jump and it does make me wonder whether it is good vfm now

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: firenze card

I couldn't agree more Pericoloso. I read your post on the other thread and thought...Wow!! I also wondered the same thing.

Long Beach,CA
Level Contributor
525 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: firenze card

Wow, I just bought mine last week for $50 Euro and thankfully made the cut off before price increase. I would have questioned paying that much. Did the Amici degli Uffizi go up in price as well?

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: firenze card

One more reason why I've always been a fan of Amici degli Uffizi. Membership is still a great value. No shenanigans!

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: firenze card

Bad news indeed.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,526 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: firenze card

I thought 50 was high for the Firenze Card, but the convenience was well worth the cost, and we couldn't have done nearly as much without it. They will probably keep raising the price as long as the market will bear it. Same for the RomePass and other similar cards. Perhaps the cards are becoming so well known and they are selling so many of the cards that they can no longer provide the no reservation needed and no waiting advantage that the card promises, so they have to raise the price to cut down on the number of people buying them? When places become overwhelmed with the number of people using the cards, they will once again have to have people stand in line and wait to get in. I would grumble, but I would still pay the 72 euro...

Spirit

Mentioned in this post
Firenze Suite
Firenze Suite
337 Reviews
Florence, Italy
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
38 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: firenze card

Infuriating 44% + !!!!!!

Boycott the firenze card

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,796 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: firenze card

The increase is puzzling to me.

Spirit, besides the shorter line to see David, the convenience aspect was lacking with us. In some cases like in Santa Maria Novella it was actually worse to have a card since the card holder entrance wasnt in the front where we came in. In the Duomo and just about everywhere else we still needed to stand on lines to get tickets.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel David
Hotel David
3,492 Reviews
Florence, Italy
Santa Maria Novella Hotel
Santa Maria Novella Hotel
1,780 Reviews
Florence, Italy
Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
5,022 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: firenze card

I'm wondering if it's still worth it. If your main reason for buying it is queue jumping, I tend to think that maybe it's not, the only queues really worth worrying about are to the Uffizi and the Accademia and you can reserve tickets in advance - of course, you are then tied to the reserved slot instead of being free to come and go as you please.

Long Beach,CA
Level Contributor
525 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: firenze card

Ziggy60, no separate line for Firenze card holders at Duomo? I know that Firenze card includes Duomo but from what I gather we stand in line to get (free) tickets using our Firenze card? Sorry but I am puzzled.

Lastly I am debating Duomo at early morning or Academia? I am following the suggested TA 3 day format and it has Academia as 1st item to see in the morning. But I read that Duomo is less crowded in the early AM. Your thoughts? Thanks LL

Mentioned in this post
Firenze Suite
Firenze Suite
337 Reviews
Florence, Italy