We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uffizi and Accademia Tickets

Gilbert, Arizona
Level Contributor
52 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Uffizi and Accademia Tickets

My friends and I will be visiting Florence in September and I'm wondering how the easiest/best way to purchase tickets for the Uffizi and Accademia is. I've noted other posts on this topic, but they seem to be several years old.

Thanks in advance!

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,633 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uffizi and Accademia Tickets

There are threads about this nearly every week!

This article tells you everything you need to know :

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187893-c145508/Tusca…

Gilbert, Arizona
Level Contributor
52 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uffizi and Accademia Tickets

Thank you. However, this is slightly out-of-date ie Firenze cards costing 30 euro.

Sue

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,611 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uffizi and Accademia Tickets

The article linked to says the Firenze Card is 50 euros which it was and still is ever since its beginning. The article is completely up to date.

Edison, New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Uffizi and Accademia Tickets

I called the museum up and they reserved my times. I did not have to prepay. I bought a cheap phone card to make an international call and just called up the museums directly. The operators speak English. They will give you a reservation # and you go to the museum a bit before time to pick up your tickets and pay. Make sure you do not go through a "middleman". They are outrageously priced. Do not call any other numbers except the museums directly. Number for the Accademia is 055-238-8609. Uffizi is 055-294-883. Both are closed on Mondays. You have to dial 011+39 then the number.

Gilbert, Arizona
Level Contributor
52 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Uffizi and Accademia Tickets

Thank you very, very much! I appreciate your help. I'll definitely make my reservations this way.

Sue

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,611 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Uffizi and Accademia Tickets

The second number given in post #4 is the same one given in the article linked to in post #1 and you can make reservations for both the Uffizi and the Accademia on that number. The other number is the general enquiries for the State Museums.

Gilbert, Arizona
Level Contributor
52 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Uffizi and Accademia Tickets

Thanks!

Sue

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
67 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Uffizi and Accademia Tickets

we purchased the friends of the uffizi cards and were able to pass the lines in both museums and for our family of four it was great. www.amicidegliuffizi.it/diventa_socio.php…

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
47 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Uffizi and Accademia Tickets

caymusjordan, did you use your Friends of Uffizi recently? We've already purchased and received our cards, and we will be there next week. Was using them as seemless now as previous posters have indicated? Did you need to produce your passports (or a copy), or was the Amici card enough for entry?

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,633 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Uffizi and Accademia Tickets

at the Accademia (David), you must show your passport, copies are not accepted. Everywhere else will accept a photocopy of the photo page. Some places require it to be shown, some don't bother. Even at the Uffizi I have occasionally not had to show it, but that is probably because they know me by now :)