We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chase Bank or Capital One

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Chase Bank or Capital One

Anyone know if there is a Chase Bank or Chase Bank/Capital One ATMs in Rome & Florence?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chase Bank or Capital One

I don't think so. Unless I'm mistaken, most if not all ATMs in Italy support the same network that a Chase, Capital One, Citibank uses. Are you trying to avoid the $4 or so withdrawal fee that your bank charges?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chase Bank or Capital One

Your Chase and Capital One cards will work at any bank here.

chicago
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chase Bank or Capital One

I was just hoping I could avoid the fees - for international travel ATMs, Chase charges a $5 fee + 3% of the total. And that doesn't include that ATM's fee charge. Oh well! Thank you.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chase Bank or Capital One

My fiancee and I used her Capital One credit card for many of the purchases, and CO did not charge any transaction fees at all. I don't know if that applies to cash withdrawals.

chicago
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Chase Bank or Capital One

thanks DoubleD ... I know that I won't be charged if I use my credit card; it is when I try to get cash out via ATM on the card.

Miami, Florida...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Chase Bank or Capital One

I would call your banks and see if they have partner banks where you won't get fees. For example, Bank of America is partnered with BNL, so whenever I used a BNL ATM I didn't pay any kinds of fees, either at the ATM or on my statement. Chase and Capital One may have something similar worked out. Also, make sure you tell your bank and credit card company that you're traveling!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,081 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chase Bank or Capital One

For heaven's sake, don't use a credit card to do a cash advance! Do you have an ATM card for a checking or savings or money market account?

Edited: 5:11 pm, June 13, 2013
chicago
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Chase Bank or Capital One

who said a cash advance??

i'm talking about a debit card (aka yes connected to my checking)

chicago
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Chase Bank or Capital One

in one of my posts i meant credit card = purchases at stores, restaurants, etc., but i'd use a debit card for cash via ATM my checking ... sorry if that was unclear.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,270 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chase Bank or Capital One

Just to make it clear, re post @ 3, the ATMs in Italy will not charge you to use them, but your own bank may apply the fees you mentioned. It will still be cheaper than any other method of getting money for use in Italy. At all costs avoid money changers at the airports and in Italy.