We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby Equipment Rental Company?

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Baby Equipment Rental Company?

We will be in Venice, Florence, and Paris. We won't need a car seat in Venice, but will need it for Florence and Paris. There are a few baby equipment rental companies in Paris, but the only one I've found that serves Florence is Bambino Equipment Hire. Does anyone have experience with this company?

Are there any other companies (besides car rental agencies) in Florence that rents out car seats? We can bring our own car seat, but I would prefer not to lug it around. We will not be renting a car in Florence. We need the car seat for a private mini van day tour. The company has two car seats available, but only one of them will be suitable for a child over 25 lbs and our group has two children over 25 lbs.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baby Equipment Rental Company?

Bump...

Florence
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baby Equipment Rental Company?

Google is your friend.

I know nothing about any this place, but they do claim to rent baby equipment:

http://www.piopionoleggio.it/

Bellaria-Igea...
Level Contributor
13,016 posts
344 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baby Equipment Rental Company?

You can buy these seats in whatever supermarket in town! They usually cost around €35/45. Probably it will cost You less to buy it then to rent. When You turn in the car You can ask the rentalcompany if they want to buy your seat. Surely they will do so if You offer it for a reasonable price.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baby Equipment Rental Company?

ycemann, thanks for the suggestion. It's actually a pretty good idea. As we are only in Firenze for three days, I don't want to waste time looking for a store that carries car seats. Are they really sold at all supermarkets? Uncletomaso, Google is indeed a good friend, but I did not run across that company in my search, possibly because my results are limited to English sites. Thank you for sharing that site.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baby Equipment Rental Company?

Just checked out the Pio Pio Noleggio website - they do not rent car seats, just breast pumps, scales, and cots.

Bellaria-Igea...
Level Contributor
13,016 posts
344 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baby Equipment Rental Company?

You surely can find it here:

http://www.carrefour.it/search.html?searchQuery=seggiolone+per+auto&searchList=CTALL

It's a superstore a Calenzano, a few km from Firenze. But You can find it everywhere, without looking too much!

Florence
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baby Equipment Rental Company?

Ouiparis,

Sorry, if that's all they have, I don't know what to recommend on rentals.

As for buying stuff, you do not have to go out of town. I know of at least one large store selling baby stuff in the historic center, right next to the Porta San Frediano:

Nuova Ideal Bimbo SRL

3/R, Viale Ariosto Ludovico - 50124 Firenze (FI)

tel: 055 355645

idealbimbo.it/catalogo/…

Bellaria-Igea...
Level Contributor
13,016 posts
344 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baby Equipment Rental Company?

The suggestion of UncleTomaso is more valuable then mine! If not, try to get a price offer from Hertz or Avis. They surely have all You need for your kids!

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Baby Equipment Rental Company?

Grazie mille, Uncletomaso!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Baby Equipment Rental Company?

There are a lot of children's Equipment hire companies in Italy but it is difficult to find them on the web.

Next time you can try with

Go Kid at

www.gokid-com.webnode.it

Or Baby Riders

At www.babyriders.it