We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking availability at Santa Maria Novella station

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fredericksburg
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Parking availability at Santa Maria Novella station

We will be visiting Florence on May 21st and are wondering if parking is readily available at the Santa Maria Novella station.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Parking availability at Santa Maria Novella station

platanoMentor...You GPS will be of no help with identifying ZTL's, bus lanes and detours in Florence. Remember these warnings while you are driving in central Florence and in the coming year when you receive charges from your rental company for identifying you to the local authorities so they can send you you fines.

ballajura
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Parking availability at Santa Maria Novella station

Could some one tell me how expensive it is to park at the Santa Maria Novella Station?

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
782 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Parking availability at Santa Maria Novella station

Three euro each hour or each fraction of an hour

www.firenzeparcheggi.it/index.php?id=86

Brun066

Edited: 5:48 pm, December 29, 2013
Manama, Bahrain
Level Contributor
6 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Parking availability at Santa Maria Novella station

Hello,

with the 5 days abonenment, can I go in and out any time or is that 5 days "locked" and it counts new, if I leave the parking house?

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
782 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Parking availability at Santa Maria Novella station

The five days subscription is for consecutive days, but in those five days you can come and go whenever you want.

Brun066

Manama, Bahrain
Level Contributor
6 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Parking availability at Santa Maria Novella station

Thank You, Brun066

Landrum SC
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Parking availability at Santa Maria Novella station

I vote for taking a regional train into SMN train station from any small town in the area surrounding Florence. Why risk all the hassle? The cost of the train ticket is minimal compared to the potential heartache of bodily injury, and the expensive headache of huge fines. Florence traffic around SMN is truly busy as I observed last year sitting across from it inside McDonald's. Lots of buses, in addition to cars, delivery trucks, and pedestrians. In my mind, it is a dangerous proposition for the uninitiated traveler.

Landrum SC
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Parking availability at Santa Maria Novella station

I vote for taking a regional train into SMN train station from any small town in the area surrounding Florence. Why risk all the hassle? The cost of the train ticket is minimal compared to the potential heartache of bodily injury, and the expensive headache of huge fines. Florence traffic around SMN is truly busy as I observed last year sitting across from it inside McDonald's. Lots of buses, in addition to cars, delivery trucks, and pedestrians. In my mind, it is a dangerous proposition for the uninitiated traveler.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,658 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Parking availability at Santa Maria Novella station

Doodaway:

This thread died in January. Why have you dug it up to make the same comment twice?

30. Re: Parking availability at Santa Maria Novella station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, September 20, 2015