We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight arrives VCE 4:20 pm- will I make last train Firenze?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
110 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Flight arrives VCE 4:20 pm- will I make last train Firenze?

Our KLM flight from Amsterdam arrives in Venice Marco Polo airport at 4:20 pm. We hope to make the 7:37 pm LAST train from Venice Mestre train station to Firenze S.M. Novella train station as we are meeting our sisters there. Is our plan doable?

Would you suggest that we pre-purchasing our train tickets now (29 Euro currently vs. 45 Euro base price) or wait until we arrive in Venice?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Mestre
Mestre
City of Venice, Italy
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
92,884 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight arrives VCE 4:20 pm- will I make last train Firenze?

Provided your flight is on time, you should have no problem. There is no Passport Control and, as Venice is a small airport, there would not be a long wait for luggage.

It is up to you whether to take the risk of buying discounted tickets in advance. If your plane is delayed and you miss the train, discounted tickets would be worthless.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
31,479 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight arrives VCE 4:20 pm- will I make last train Firenze?

And if you buy discounted tickets in advance, you will not be able to use them on an earlier train - which it is likely you would be able to get if your plane is on time.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
110 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight arrives VCE 4:20 pm- will I make last train Firenze?

Thank you so much for your input. I checked the flight tracker and it says that this KLM flight is approx 95% on time (13 mins delay max), so I'll heed to your suggestion and will buy our tickets at the train station in the hope that we can catch the 6:37 PM train instead of the last one at 7:37 PM.

Thanks again:)

4. Re: Flight arrives VCE 4:20 pm- will I make last train Firenze?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 22, 2014