We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italo Trains to Florence

alberta
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Italo Trains to Florence

We are planning to train from Sorrento to Florence. Italo has now been running for 9 months ( I think). So far, are they as good as high speed TrenItalia? Question 2:I have not been able to make a 10 day advanced booking on their website. Is it me (the dunce), or is it the Italo system?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,578 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Italo Trains to Florence

Whether or not a card has a chip is totally irrelevant to online purchases. However, the Trenitalia system requires that cards be registered with Verified by Visa or Mastercard Secure security systems.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Messina, Bratislava, London
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Italo Trains to Florence

I think it is not mandatory. You can purchase Trenitalia tickets skipping that step.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,578 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Italo Trains to Florence

There is no way of skipping the security check of verified by Visa or Mastercard Secure.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Messina, Bratislava, London
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Italo Trains to Florence

I do with my card.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,578 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Italo Trains to Florence

You live in Italy.

16. Re: Italo Trains to Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 24, 2014