We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
590 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

Hi, does anybody know what the weather is like now? And how much warmer would it become in a further 6 weeks from today? (I need to know what to pack for my trip!)

Thank you x

NYC
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

Www. Weather.com

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,801 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

We were there at the weekend, it varied between t-shirt and fleece/raincoat weather. You should get better in six weeks time.

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
7,315 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

www.ilmeteo.it is the most reliable site on a day-to-day basis, they can predict thunderstorms in my village down to the nearest 15 minutes but note the longer range weather forecast (10 / 12 days ahead) can change a bit so monitor it daily. Once you're within 4 or 5 days of departure, you should have a fairly reliable idea. The weather varies hugely from hour to hour so what it's like now has little bearing on what it will be like in 6 weeks. Theoretically, it should improve gradually but temperatures of 20C are expected this weekend in southern Tuscany and it's unlikely to be much warmer than that in mid-May. It could even be colder. I've known many Mays when we've lit the fire in the evening.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
590 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

Thank you for your very detailed reply. It sounds very unpredictable your weather, ours isn't, it's usually cold or wet!! I shall keep checking, will pack a t-shirt but also a light jumper and rain coat, just to make sure I'm covered on all fronts!!! Grazie.

Florence
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

Right now it is hot, hazy and humid. I just went walkabout, and I was hot in my shirtsleeves.

Yesterday it was crystal clear and cool - except when it was cloudy.

Predicting is difficult - especially when it's about the future.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
431 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

love this link lastraniera, best one I've seen !!

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
7,315 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather

Thank you - and, trust me on this, it is the most reliable, at least where I am. I use to plan when and when not to hang my washing out!

Florence
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather

lastraniera,

Traditionally, I have found il meteo to be pretty good at predicting the weather in Florence - which is obviously a chancy thing to do, because the weather changes so often - getting four seasons in one day is not all that rare.

But this year it has really not worked well. Time and time again, it's been an inverse indicator. I have no clue whether it's those global things going on, something local, or something with the models the forecasters are using, but it does seem that every time they predict a sunny day it's not, and often when they predict rain it doesn't.

The weather in Florence is usually really, really changeable - and this year even more than usual.

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
7,315 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather

I think I've posted before that THE most reliable source of weather advice for me is my 94 year old neighbour. When she yells up at my windows that I should bring the sheets in off the line, I do so immediately, even if the sun's still shining brightly. As with so many country folk, she can tell by the smell of the air or something. All four seasons in one day weather-wise if another of the numerable charms of living here, don't you think? I especially love it in winter when you wake up to a thick carpet of frost yet are having lunch outside bathing in warm sunshine before a tumultuous downpour mid-afternoon. As I always write on this board, come prepared for everything!

Florence
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather

Here's an update just to prove my point above:

ilmeteo.it predicted rain most if not all of today - especially in the afternoon - those predictions continued into the afternoon.

It didn't rain a drop. I carried a stupid umbrella around all day. The sun came out shortly after noon, and this has been a glorious, sunny day. You simply can't bet the ranch on any predictions by anybody.