We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ideas for a wedding day in Florence

london
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
ideas for a wedding day in Florence

I am getting married in Florence this August. The service is at 11am but the reception cannot start any earlier than 6pm. The problem is I will have 200 very hot guests to occupy for about 6 hours. ANY advise would be extremely welcome.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,658 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ideas for a wedding day in Florence

I would tell them to go and get changed and go sightseeing for the afternoon and then rejoin you at the reception. I have been to weddings with this kind of gap - without the heat - and the waiting around is interminable. If you are anywhere near a bar people with hours to kill and empty stomachs will just get drunk too early! If I were one of your guests I would really appreciate the opportunity to go off and see something of the city. That way you will have relaxed and happy people joining you at 6 instead of hot, bored, drunks!

London, UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ideas for a wedding day in Florence

I hope you don't mind me asking but where are you getting married?

I'm thinking about Florence for a venue next year.

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ideas for a wedding day in Florence

i got married two weeks ago in florence, i am from australia and have no affiliation with florence but simply wanted a beautiful destination wedding, and i got it.

we had our ceremony out of town in the area of Vaiano, at a villa called Villa Il Mulaniccio, and dinner at Hotel Villa Fiesole back closer to florence.

We wanted an outdoor ceremony so thats why we had to go out of town, apparently there arent many outdoor venues around.

We too had a wait between ceremony and dinner, for the guests, so got the bus company to arrange bus tour for the guests to the regions we were in for the ceremony. I also organised refreshments for on the bus for them. I used a wedding planner for most of the arrangements, but did the dinner myself. I used justgetmarried.com and cant speak highly enough. if anyone wants more details contact me on gmiskelly@iprimus.com.au

i might take a couple of weeks to reply because i am bit busy at the moment, but i will definately help if needed.

4. Re: ideas for a wedding day in Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 14, 2009