We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train transfer at Pisa

Melbourne
Level Contributor
27 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Train transfer at Pisa

We leave FSM at 10.28.Arrive at Pisa Centrale at 11.28.

How much time should we allow to transfer to our Inter City train from Pisa to Monterosso?

I read that there are 12 platforms at Pisa so I want to be sure that i allow enough time before I book the train.

Florence Italy
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train transfer at Pisa

A solid 15 minutes, at the very least. And these past few days the regionale from Florence to Livorno (Pisa being the penultimate stop) has been running late. So maybe more.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
27 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train transfer at Pisa

Thanks for this information Artviva.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
27 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train transfer at Pisa

Another question.

I want to travel from Florence to Pisa Centrale and spend some time there before I catch a later train to Monterosso.

How do I book a ticket that lets me break my journey?

Do I have to purchase 2 separate tickets?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,132 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Train transfer at Pisa

If travelling on an Intercity train from Pisa to Monterosso, you must buy two separate tickets as the Intercity has compulsory seat reservations which come automatically with your ticket.

If travelling entirely on Regional trains with a ticket bought in Italy (not online), you can break your journey as long as you are on your final train to Monterosso within six hours of validating (time/date-stamping) your ticket in Florence. Or buy two tickets, which costs €2.40 more.

Edited: 6:23 am, March 28, 2013
Melbourne
Level Contributor
27 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train transfer at Pisa

Thanks so much for this information.

It is much appreciated.

6. Re: Train transfer at Pisa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 30, 2014