We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vinyard tour question

Fayetteville...
Level Contributor
1,252 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Vinyard tour question

We are going on a private vinyard tour of Altasino in September. They told us that the tour does not include a walk through the vines, but only a tour of the wine cellar and of course samples of wines. Is this normal? Or is there something more that other tours may offer?

Thanks

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vinyard tour question

Ciao!

The several tours I have been on the program is about the same. If you are looking a tour through the vineyards, I would just ask. If you are stopping at smaller wineries as well (which are often run by small families) just ask them. You will find the smaller wineries will probably accommodate this request........

Buon viaggio!

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vinyard tour question

I have been to a few wineries and I never went to the vines. Maybe something to do with fear of bugs.

3. Re: Vinyard tour question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:36 pm, June 05, 2006
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vinyard tour question

We just got back from Italy - Wow - fantastic trip. We went to many wineries including Altasino. I would ask the smaller operated cantinas and they most likely would be happy to bring you to the vines. When you go to purchase wine at Altasino they will bring you right by the vines on the way to where their storage of wine is. The actual tour of the wine is very short no more than 15 mins. I am from San Francisco, and the tours of the winery are not on the scale of Napa Valley at all - please remember most are small family owned operations and very small compared to Napa. I hope you made plans to have a bit to east at Altasino, they put on a huge spread of food for you to taste with the wine. The staff is very helpful. If you have any questions, please email me at itzmetrish@aol.com. Enjoy your trip - the countryside is wonderful - driving was a breeze!

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
5. Re: Vinyard tour question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 16, 2009