We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Firenze Card for EU citizen over 65

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
340 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Firenze Card for EU citizen over 65

Given that the majority of important (yes I know it is a relative term) Florence Museums on the card are part of the Polo Museale di Firenze which gives free entrance to the over 65s, can anyone comment on whether the ticket is value for money (another relative term, I know) for over 65s?

We hope to visit in mid/ late April when the queues should not be too long; since queue-jumping seems to be the only strong point of the card in these circumstances, what go people think?

Grazie.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,633 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Firenze Card for EU citizen over 65

I think I would say 'no' unless you want to visit lots of churches and other places not in the state museum group and would use public transport a lot. The only places where 'queue-jumping' is helpful are the Uffizi and the Accademia and these will definitely be busy at the time you are visiting. Once you have decided which places you want to visit, you should be able to work out the cost-effective comparison yourself.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,611 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Firenze Card for EU citizen over 65

Do not underestimate the length of the queues at that time of year for the Uffizi and Accademia. You could try to beat them by arriving first thing, but they will soon build up. I would phone up the reservations line (they have English speaking operators) and explain that you are entitled to free entry but would like to reserve a slot. I would think they can do this for you and then when you get there you can join the short advanced reservations queue and just pay the 4 euros reservation fee.

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
340 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Firenze Card for EU citizen over 65

Many thanks for both replies. Any further observations very welcome too.

Grazie.

4. Re: Firenze Card for EU citizen over 65

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 20, 2014