We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Guides/Companies

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
279 posts
Save Topic
Tour Guides/Companies

Hi,

How do I know if the company I'm considering for a private walking tour of Florence has licensed guides? And does it matter if they aren't licensed?

Thanks!

Jennifer

P.S. I also posted this in the Rome forum since it tends to see a little more action. :)

Edited: 10:40 pm, March 05, 2013
Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tour Guides/Companies

We did a walking tour of Florence with Walks of Italy and it was fantastic. The tour included admission to see David, easily gliding by the massive line outside.

www.walksofitaly.com

We also did a walking tour with Walks of Italy in Rome (Colosseum, etc.) which was also really very good.

I seem to recal if you mentioned Rick Steves, there was a discount.

Enjoy!

California
Level Contributor
279 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Tour Guides/Companies

TravelBug -

We are planning on using Walks of Italy for their Pristine Sistine tour using the Rick Steves discount. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with them because . . . We can't wait!

We were also considering them for our full day tour of Florence but they charge a lot more money than other companies. I'm not sue it's worth it since they all seem to cover the same places . . .

Thanks!

Jennifer

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
37,584 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Tour Guides/Companies

I agree about doing a half day tour then spending the rest of the day and into the evening before returning to Rome on your own; there is something so wonderful about just moving at your own pace, stopping and going down a street that you come across, walking into a gallery, stopping and listening to the unexpected opera singer in a square (which I enjoyed last time I was there) - take a walk away from the most popular points. It really does make, I think (my opinion only), for a richer experience than have someone else take you everywhere and explain everything.

Cheaper too than a full day tour.

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Tour Guides/Companies

I agree with MomCat. After our tour, we went back to a few of the spots we had visited, as well as to poke down some streets we had walked past.

Florence really is a wonderful place to just wander and explore.

Enjoy!

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Tour Guides/Companies

The P.I. (Partita IVA) is the company's tax number. It has nothing to do with whether or not they or their employees are licensed guides.

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Tour Guides/Companies

Where can i find a private van for a day that can accommodate 8 adults and 2 kids ages 8 and 3? Any suggestions please?

17. Re: Tour Guides/Companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, March 11, 2013
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Tour Guides/Companies

Nubbyrose, I've toured with Eugene several times. He really is all that and more. Like being with your own personal professor, but fun and funny.

Firenze
Level Contributor
52 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Tour Guides/Companies

ask Simone at info@limoserviceinflorence.com Most companies have standard Mercedes 8 places but Simone has 10-12-15

20. Re: Tour Guides/Companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 16, 2014