We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Firenze Card - a recommendation!

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Firenze Card - a recommendation!

We got a Firenze Card for our recent trip to Florence, and I can't praise it highly enough; I thought it might be handy for people to have information about it.

The card can be purchased in a few places, we got it in the tourist office near to Santa Maria Novella. You get a great guide with it that explains all the included attractions, and shows you where they are on a map. With this, you can plan your visit and work out everything you want to see. We saw enough to more than cover the cost of the card, and the benefits were clear:

- no need for reservations, so you can have a more flexible timetable for your day;

- you can use the reservations entrance (there is usually a 'Firenze Card' sign) which means skipping the queues for tickets. This was useful enough in winter, when it wasn't too busy, I can only imagine that in summer it's a godsend;

- it covers entry to attractions and exhibitions as well - by way of example, inside the Palazzo Vecchio, we were ale to go up to the battlements without paying anything extra.

- it is worth pointing out that the card does not cover the Duomo at all, but what it does cover is a fair bit - the Uffizi, the Accademia, Santa Croce, Palazzo Vecchio, Cappelle Medici, the Galileo Museum - the list goes on!

That's all I can think of currently - in short, I would highly recommend getting a card. :)

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Palazzo Vecchio
Palazzo Vecchio
7,493 Reviews
Florence, Italy
FlorenceTown
Sightseeing Tours, Cooking Classes, Bike Tours, Cultural Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
Italy Cruiser Bike Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours
Italy on a Budget Tours
City Tours, Multi-day Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
955 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Firenze Card - a recommendation!

The card is 50 euros and is good for three consecutive days beginning with your first use of the card. It also gives you free use of the local buses. IMO whether or not we actually recovered our costs in full wasn't a big deal because the value of skipping the line at Academia and Uffizi is valuable ( although this can be accomplished thru reservations).

If you are in Florence for a few days and want to see a number of the attractions covered by the card then I highly recommend it.

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,468 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Firenze Card - a recommendation!

FYI-the duomo related venues are now covered by the card.

London, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Firenze Card - a recommendation!

For more information write to info@firenzecard.it

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Firenze Card - a recommendation!

Or just look at the firenze card website.

5. Re: Firenze Card - a recommendation!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 02, 2014