We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long term rental - how to find?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
BOSTON
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Long term rental - how to find?

Does anyone have a reliable rental agent in florence?.....I'm looking for an apt in oltrarno, starting in sept 2013.....safe, quiet, charming, 2 BRs, well-equipped,......ideas?...thanks....

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
24,273 posts
57 reviews
1. Re: Long term rental - how to find?

A few things spring to mind. First, for long term (how long?) you might do better with a local real estate agent rather than a holiday rental place, as the holiday rentals are generally more expensive per week.

Or you could look at the holiday rentals on TA by clicking on Florence Hotels then on Holiday Rentals.

Or you could use one of the bigger agencies. I know www.sleepinitaly.com has rentals in Florence and are reliable.

Finally, if your stay is longer than 90 days, make sure you have the correct visas, which can be hard to get unless you are on a working holiday or a student visa.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
355 reviews
2. Re: Long term rental - how to find?

Hi Paula, you can find a list of local agencies into www.immobiliare.it with several rental offers.

BOSTON
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Long term rental - how to find?

Thanks...i was planning on getting my 'elective resident' visa, which does appear to require some patience (i went to the italian embassy and got minimal info, actually - it was pretty funny).....and then i guess i could also do it at the italian police station, but that seems pretty ridiculous, too...any hints?

4. Re: Long term rental - how to find?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 25, 2014