We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation to see Florence sights while staying outside...

Sherbrooke
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation to see Florence sights while staying outside...

I just lfinalized my travel plan to Italy and I'am trying to find a comfortable out of the way accomodation for a 4 nights stay in Florence (June 23 to June 27). We'll be coming from 5 days in Rome and would like an quiet hotel or B and B that has an easy access by public transport and/or walking to the historical centre of Florence. I found some places in trip advisor but I have difficulties estimating or planning where is the best places. Our budget is about 160 Euros / night. Any suggestions from people who have done the Florence sights while staying outside or close to it without a car. Thanks in advance for your inputs.

PB

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Level Contributor
21,537 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation to see Florence sights while staying outside...

Maybe if you tell us which places appealed to you we could recommend from them and similar to them.

coxs creek, kentucky
Level Contributor
4,310 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation to see Florence sights while staying outside...

I always strongly suggest Hotel David-- on the other side of the Arno. It sounds like it would be everything you want ??? We absolutely loved it and it gets top ratings and the price is wonderful !! Look on their website for best prices. I think it is www.davidhotel.com

good luck and enjoy!!

Sherbrooke
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation to see Florence sights while staying outside...

Thanks you all for the tips!. The David was booked... After getting no availability to severals places I was getting a little scared of getting nothing so I settled for the Hotel Arizona... Its a littlle downsizing in trem of comfort but I figured that with what was left its a good compromise. Next time I'll book in advance to get that full Tuscany experience close to Florence. We'll probably do a day trip in the suroundings of Florence to get a feel for it. Anyone tried the accidental tourist package ?

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
coxs creek, kentucky
Level Contributor
4,310 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation to see Florence sights while staying outside...

qwerty0007,

Sorry to hear that you could not stay ay Hotel David. I can't get over how wonderful that hotel was !! I am going back in November and knowing that I will be staying there again is another reason why I can't wait !!! Even my sons age 17 and32 were extremely impressed with it. They don't usually get so worked up over hotels !! Well, I don't know the hotel you are going to be staying in so I can't help you out there. One thing though that is worth thinking about, I guess is that you probably won't be spending a lot of time in the hotel room anyway. Let us know when you get back how it turns out !!! You really can walk to about anywhere in Florence--it really isn't that big. We found the same to be true of Rome. We walked everywhere and I could have walked more if we had been there even longer. Very easy to navigate in both cities. Have a safe trip !!!

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Level Contributor
21,537 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation to see Florence sights while staying outside...

The Arizona is in a quiet, residential part of Florence, so your choice is not bad at all given you preferences. You are near Piazza SS. Annunziata and the Accademia, and if you don't feel like walking you have bus no. 6.

PS - The first house I lived in during the first six yeaars of my life is nearby, so I cannot possibly say anything bad of the area... :)

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
6. Re: Accomodation to see Florence sights while staying outside...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, August 12, 2009