We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Alessandra vs. Hotel Perseo

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
missouri
Level Contributor
39 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Alessandra vs. Hotel Perseo

My husband and I will be meeting my daughter in Florence for two nights in early April. She is studying abroad in Arezzo this semester. I've narrowed our hotel selections to either the Hotel Alessandra or Hotel Perseo.

Both meet our budget and space needs and have availability. Both seem nice and clean and have received great reviews, although Alessandra looks a little bit fancier.

My main concern is location. We'll be arriving by train from Rome. So we'll need to carry our luggage to the hotel, although we shouldn't have much. We'd like to be in an area that is centrally located and where we can get out and walk around in the evenings.

I can see both hotels on a map, but obviously, not knowing Florence, I would really appreciate any advice my trip advisor friends have to offer. Thanks!

Florence Italy
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Alessandra vs. Hotel Perseo

Hi jmf3 -

Hotel Perseo is much closer to the station than is the Alessandra. If you opt to stay there, you might want to request a room that does not face via Cerretani, as it's the main artery that takes people to and from the train station at Santa Maria Novella.

The Alessandra is quite near the Ponte Vecchio and on a winding, medieval street. It's kind of busy by day -- mostly pedestrians -- and as quiet as the tomb at night.

Hope this helps.

Champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Alessandra vs. Hotel Perseo

Hello Artviva,

Your posts are helpful. We are looking at Hotel Caravaggio vs Corona DiItalia vs Alessandra.....I see positives about each. Your thoughts?

Florence Italy
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Alessandra vs. Hotel Perseo

Salutations, Carolyn1979 -

Thank you!

We had to google your first two choices to see exactly where they are.

Since we are firm adherents of the Location! Location! Location! school of thought, we'd have to say that the Alessandra is much better located, much more in the heart of things.

Honestly, we're not nuts about the area around Piazza Indipendenza. It gets kind of colorful at night, and not always in the palette we prefer.

missouri
Level Contributor
39 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Alessandra vs. Hotel Perseo

Artviva,

Thanks for your input. another question...if it was you, which hotel would you stay at?

usa
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Alessandra vs. Hotel Perseo

Hotel Caravaggio is a fabulous place to stay....I highly recommend it.....

I have stayed there several times and have never been anything but very pleased...

Florence Italy
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Alessandra vs. Hotel Perseo

Hi jmf3 -

Given our love of Location (etc.), we'd opt for the Alessandra. It's a lovely place to rest your head, the staff marvelous, and we love the neighborhood.

Hope this helps.

7. Re: Hotel Alessandra vs. Hotel Perseo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 22, 2014