We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uffizi Timing

Saint Louis...
10 posts
Save Topic
Uffizi Timing

We will be in Florence in April 2013 and will be getting the Firenze card. I was wondering if there is a better time of the day to see the Uffizi - for example, early in the morning (when they first open) or later in the day (before closing)? Or does it even matter when we go - Wondering about the wait times and/or crowds.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
10,360 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uffizi Timing

If you have the Firenze Card, you don't need to worry about waiting times, you can usually go straight in. However, it does get very busy, particularly if there are lots of tour groups around, so, as you say, early or late is best.

Saint Louis...
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Uffizi Timing

Thanks - that's what I thought, but just wanted to check. So we will try to go early or late. This will be our first trip to Florence, so am looking forward to seeing all the sights, especially the museums.

Joan

Florence Italy
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uffizi Timing

Hi Joan1949 - if you are lucky -- ahem -- to be in Florence during la Settimana della Cultura (the Week of Culture) when all state museums (i.e., the Uffizi, the Accademia, and many others places offered on the Uffizi card) are free, you will be met with a veritable hailstorm of too, too many people. We tried -- unsuccessfully -- googling around for more details. All we can tell you is that last year's week ran from April 14th-22d. You might want to get in touch with the tourist information office for more details.

That said, we strongly urge that you adhere to Pericoloso's advice, regardless of when in April you are here. We'd lean more towards later rather than earlier, as most cruise ship tour groups have long departed for the train/boat combination.

Saint Louis...
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Uffizi Timing

Thanks Artviva. I think we will try later in the day. If that doesn't work, we can try early in the morning. Hopefully, we will avoid culture week. If not, we will just have to try to make it at the best time. We will be there from 15-18 April 2013.

Florence Italy
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Uffizi Timing

You are more than welcome, Joan 1949. Have a marvelous time!

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Uffizi Timing

Hi Joan1949,

If you do go to the Uffizi early in the morning, make it *early* in the morning - like, opening time: 8:15! The cruise ship groups arrive around 9:30ish, so you'll have a good head start on them.

Enjoy!

Saint Louis...
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Uffizi Timing

Thanks Eugene. If we go early, it would be very early (at opening time of 8:15). However, I think we will try late afternoon first.

8. Re: Uffizi Timing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 24, 2014