We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter sale season in 2013

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Winter sale season in 2013

Hi all, anyone know when does the winter sale season in Florence start? Is February a good time to do shopping at there?

I'm planing to go shopping in there in the first half of February in 2013, but I'm worried that there won't be much stuff left as it might be at the end of sale season!!

Thanks in advance!!

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter sale season in 2013

I don't see that they've been announced yet, but last year they started on January 5th. You have to be careful. A lot of the things that are sold at these seasonal sales are really just cheaper merchandise brought in for the occasion.

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter sale season in 2013

Thanks for your reply!!! Ive done some research abou it and most answers are around the first few days in January. What about those local boutique shops? There are the main reason for me to go instead of big international brands. Do they normally join sale season?

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winter sale season in 2013

I hope someone else can help with this. I don't enjoy shopping, and I've found the sales to be disappointing.

cape town
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Winter sale season in 2013

It starts on the 6th of Jan and a week later you get the 50% sales

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Winter sale season in 2013

In February you'll still find winter sale in Florence which every year starts around January 5th as written before; normally a lot of stuff is already sold after 1 month of sales, but since the beginning of the crisis, a lot of products goes unsold, even if discounted; so you'll find in the shops more than usual.

During sale in Florence, every little or big shop has its discounted offer, sometimes large, sometime not. About local boutique shops, it depends; since a lot is produced now in China, you can find good or very good products, or shoddy goods.

There is yet another possibility to get very discounted products. Because this big crisis, there are many stores that go bankrupt; walking around in Florence you find now many shops having their last selling-off, which obviously gives the opportunity of getting very discounted items...

6. Re: Winter sale season in 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, December 15, 2013