We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Russolo apartment - Friendly Rentals

Kent
Level Contributor
13 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Russolo apartment - Friendly Rentals

Has anyone stayed at Russolo Apartment in Florence, recently, managed by Friendly Rentals?

It looks amazing but we are concerned that the same photos are shown on another website under the name "Goldoni".

The views from the apartment don't "tie up" to the location given on the map.

Is it too good to be true?

Has anyone any experience of Friendly Rentals in Florence? Their reviews for Spain aren't great.

We are cautious because there is a large non refundable deposit!

Thanks for any information.

1. Re: Russolo apartment - Friendly Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 pm, October 13, 2012
London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Russolo apartment - Friendly Rentals

Hello,

Did you book the Russolo apartment and was it in the correct location? We have booked and I am now concerned about what we will find when we arrive. Any information gratefully received.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,659 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Russolo apartment - Friendly Rentals

Yes, that is strange. The photos show that the apartment is on the edge of the Arno by the Ponte alla Carraia, not where the map on Friendly rentals says it is at all. On the other website where the apartment is called the Goldoni their location looks correct. If you have booked through Friendly rentals, I would query this directly. There is no excuse for marking the wrong location - especially for such as expensive apartment!

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Russolo apartment - Friendly Rentals

I agree. Am out of country now so emailed them on Friday and they have not replied. Will call when I get home tomorrow. Thanks for your reply.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Russolo apartment - Friendly Rentals

For anyone wondering - myself and seven friends stayed there at the end of August. Looked up about it before we left and were slightly nervous we would turn up to an empty address!

It all worked out well! The place looked amazing, it is OTT! It is like the photos. Area around it (across the river) has the best places to eat.

Do be warned - they come and check the place before you leave (obviously), but I have never seen such reluctance to return a deposit! Make sure when you get there, you walk around with them and make sure you agree on the condition of the place.

6. Re: Russolo apartment - Friendly Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 20, 2014