We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uk Flights to Florence

Derbyshire, Uk
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Uk Flights to Florence

Hi

Does anyone know of any airlines that fly from the uk to Florence (not pisa) and if so which airport do they depart from? really finding it difficut to find any infomation

thanks

UK
Level Contributor
2,878 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uk Flights to Florence

Meridiana fly from Gatwick to Florence

http://www.meridiana.it/en/

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Uk Flights to Florence

I found Air France direct from London City (oddly enough). But it depends a bit on when. High season? Low season?

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Uk Flights to Florence

According to Kayak Alitalia also flies direct from LCY.

Derbyshire, Uk
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Uk Flights to Florence

thanks for the info but when i check Alitalia airlines they all come up as indirect flights which i really dont what as it makes it a long day traveling

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Uk Flights to Florence

That's odd. I just checked and it gives me a direct flight (Alitalia but operated by partner Air France).One a day. London City, not Heathrow. Depart LCY 09.25, Arrive Firenze 12.40.

Edited: 8:49 am, October 12, 2012
Derbyshire, Uk
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Uk Flights to Florence

yes sorry i have got the airfrance flight. i thought it was a different flight you was getting

thanks for checking

UK
Level Contributor
378 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Uk Flights to Florence

Meridiana from LGW, Air France from LCY and one other carrier whose name escapes me at the moment which also flies direct from LCY - these are the ONLY 3 direct flights from the UK to FLR airport, everyone else, and this includes BA, either flies to Pisa, or a connecting airport such as for example Fiumicino or Amsterdam or Paris or Frankfurt from where you get another flight to FLR.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,829 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Uk Flights to Florence

The situation is confused because a lot of code-sharing goes on. BA has a code for the Meridiana flight, and you can buy from BA but usually more expensively than from Meridiana. And I think Air France, KLM and Alitalia all have separate codes for the London City flights, but again it's exactly the same plane.

UK
Level Contributor
59 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Uk Flights to Florence

I have found that the East Mids to Pisa is so convenient for Florence that I gave up looking for a direct flight.

The train journey from Pisa to Florence is fine and better than the drive to a further airport in the UK.

Sorry that wasn't what you were after but I just wanted to chip in with that

Jem

10. Re: Uk Flights to Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, December 15, 2013