We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking shoes/boots: where can i buy in Florence?

Sarasota, FL
Level Contributor
57 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Hiking shoes/boots: where can i buy in Florence?

I will be in Florence for a short visit and am in need of a good pair of hiking shoes/boots. Where would I find a store that has a good selection of brands? I will be staying in the historic center area. Thank you.

Florence
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking shoes/boots: where can i buy in Florence?

Off the top of my head, the only thing I can think of is Ecco shoes - from Denmark. They make high-quality hiking shoes, boots, etc. There are a few places selling them in and around Florence, one is Gilardini, in the Via Cerretani, at number 8/R - 20/R.

The Via Cerretani is that nasty street running due west from the north side of the Duomo.

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
7,315 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking shoes/boots: where can i buy in Florence?

There's a large shoe shop selling men's hiking boots on the south side of Piazza del Duomo itself, if you're walking east, it's on the right just beyond where Via dello Studio joins. There's another, though with not quite so large a range, on a corner just up from the back entrance to Coin dept store, I think it's where Via di Tavolini and Via de Cerchi meet.

3. Re: Hiking shoes/boots: where can i buy in Florence?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 06, 2013