We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Married in Florence

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Getting Married in Florence

We are hoping to get married in Florence. Just a simple civil ceremony attended by one other couple. We are trying to find a facilitator to help walk us through the paperwork and setup. Does anyone know of such a person in Florence?

Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
789 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Married in Florence

Hello I will be glad to help and Tuscany is a wonderful choice. My wife and I were married in Vinci in 2005 our 1st of 3 trips to Italy. Not sure of your budget but contact http://www.happening.it/ to start to get the ball rolling. Look at the other small hill towns also which may save you a little more and a countryview is nice.It will take some work in the states to get certain items translated and then a quick trip to the US embassy. Mascia is wonderful to work with.

Florida
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting Married in Florence

Thanks for that web site. Very good info on what is required. We made this decision at the last minute and now we're up against a time crunch. We are in the process of collecting our documents. Hopefully we'll get them in time to have the Apostiles complete. If that happens we'll have to get them translated once in Italy and have the "Atto Notorio" completed there (with the help of the folks at your website: http://www.happening.it/). We already have appointments setup with the US Consulate in Florence to have the "Nulla Osta" done. We've got our fingers crossed! Wish us luck and thanks very much.

Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
789 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting Married in Florence

Congrads and have a wonderfule time! Are you getting married in Florence or did you pic somewhere else?

When you see Mascia say hi for me!

Florida
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting Married in Florence

Hey Beanersts,

We are in Italy as I write this. We're staying in a villa in the hills south of Florence. We have met with Mascia and will be married on Saturday in Vinci at DaVincis' birth site.

Thanks for the insight. I told Mascia I found out about her from Trip Advisor and said you said hello, but of course I don't know your name, so drop her an email and let her know it was you.

Thanks again!

Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
789 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting Married in Florence

Tell her Shawn and Nancy 2005 Chicago if you have a chance? I will try to drop her a email.

I am glad it worked out for you on such a short time span. That had to be hard work. Congrads and have a great time. Come back and tell us what you saw and did.

We are looking at going next spring!

Florida
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting Married in Florence

I'll see her Friday when we travel to Vinci to post our wedding banns. We'll post a photo after the wedding with Mascia if she agrees.

7. Re: Getting Married in Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 01, 2013