We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip

mt.top
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
day trip

We will be in Florence for 3 days and was wondering the best day trip by bus or train... should we do Sienna, or Pisa? how long the travel time would be, what we should do, etc? any help would be appreicated...

Denise

Best Seller
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
7,339 Reviews
from $107.70*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Day Trip with Transport...
781 Reviews
from $107.70*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,388 Reviews
from $107.70*
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip

This is a FAQ! Look on right hand side of this page... tripadvisor.com/…25985959

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
33,405 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip

You can visit Pisa in the morning and Lucca in the afternoon, returning to Florence from Lucca

Travelling by train to each destination www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html

Check train times seven days in advance

Bus to Siena sitabus.it/sita-toscana/firenze-siena2010.pdf

www.discovertuscany.com

Deerfield, Illinois
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip

Personally I think that there is so much more in Siena than Pisa. Siena is a very easy day trip from Florence.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28,594 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trip

if your 3 days are 3 nights then you have 2 full days -- with so little time in Florence I wouldn't even think of doing a day trip. you can't scratch the surface of Florence in 2 or 3 days. (and I do love Siena -- )

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
951 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: day trip

I agree with Janet.But if you still want to make a day trip consider this..If you really want to see the leaning tower in Pisa(i wanted too!) then combine Lucca and Pisa.If this is not your priority,then head straight to Siena.It's a very special place,i wish i could spend 2-3 days there rather some hours!

6. Re: day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, June 21, 2013