We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in the florence province

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
105 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
2 days in the florence province

Which way is better?

In the morning we leave from Venice to Pisa to check out the tower by train, and then head to Borgo San Lorenzo to spend the rest of the day and evening at an olive oil farm. In the morning, we leave to spend the day in Florence.

OR

Venice straight to Florence, see some of the sights for half a day, then head to Pisa, then back to Florence for the night. The next day we stay in Florence till the afternoon and then head to Borgo San Lorenzo to spend time at the farm for the night.

I don't expect to be able to see all of Florence, I know time is short. Which itinerary makes more sense? Thank you

Best Seller
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
7,341 Reviews
from $107.70*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Day Trip with Transport...
782 Reviews
from $107.70*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,390 Reviews
from $107.70*
Castellina In...
Level Contributor
102 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in the florence province

Sounds horrendous. I'm feeling exhausted just reading your plans. Have you any idea how much precious holiday time you're wasting travelling around? Looking at your options I'd estimate you're wasting half your holiday! Please don't tell me your whole holiday is like this or I'll have a heart attack.

Go straight to Florence and stay there a couple of nights. Or go straight to the agriturismo and stay there. Either way, travel less and use the time your saving to soak up some of the charm and character of wherever you are. You can't do this from inside a train or a train station.

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
105 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in the florence province

See, on one hand I agree with you, but on the other hand, I'm finding some people that only had one day and did Pisa and Florence and seemed to have a good time. No, my whole trip isn't like this only these two days. We might rent a car,do you think that might make it a little better ?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28,602 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days in the florence province

I am with Tuscan on this but it is your holiday if you love spending all your time checking in and out of hotels, rushing to and from trains in order to 'see' the Leaning Tower for a few minutes or whatever, it is your trip and you should do what you want. IMHO you would be better off renting a video of the area and watching it than doing this.

The idea you can 'see FLorence' in a day is ludicrous. In a week you would not see most of the great artistic treasures of Florence -- in a day you can't even drive by the buildings that house them.

You should do what you want. But you posted on TA so you will also get the opinions of others who disagree. You still get to ignore them and do what you want.

Castellina In...
Level Contributor
102 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days in the florence province

No disagreement from me Janet. Spot on.

Hiring a car is unlikely to help you too much Amanda. It's time you lack here, and a car isn't likely to save you anything like enough to make a difference.

We see lots of different kinds of travellers here, and for some it's the being there and the ticking off the destinations that counts. Leaning tower photo. Check. David. Check. Uffizi. Check. No amount of lecturing on my part changes their minds. These are the kind of people who come to Chianti for 5 days and do Pisa, Florence, Siena, Assisi and a day in Cinque Terre. Insane, in my opinion, but then it's a big world, with a lot of people in it, and you should always do what you'd like to do best. I might think you're clinically insane to go to Florence and Pisa in one day, but if it makes you happy, then I'm all for it.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 days in the florence province

I have 4-5 days in florance/Tuscany. Can you suggest an itenary please. Would it be advisable to rent a car for part of this time?

Edited: 3:36 pm, March 18, 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 days in the florence province

I have 4-5 days in florance/Tuscany. Can you suggest an itenary please. Would it be advisable to recant a car for part of this time?

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 days in the florence province

Amanda N - Have to agree with TuscanOasis and Janettravels4 - it's your call whether you prefer quantity or quality. I'm a guy who goes for the quality every time, so neither of your itineraries attracts me in the least.

umpa01 - There are plenty of ideas for itineraries here in this forum. I'd be happy to make some suggestions, but please - give us something to work with! How many days in Florence? Tuscanys a big place - where will you be? And most importantly, what are your interests?

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
105 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 days in the florence province

It's frustrating because although everyone disagrees with me, no one has actually answered my question about which way could be (even marginally) better.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 days in the florence province

Uhmm... maybe no one's chosen one of your options because, uhmmm, because they both sound like a punishment more than a vacation? ;o)

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
105 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 days in the florence province

oy oy.