We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amici degli Uffizi card

New Jersey
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Amici degli Uffizi card

We're a family of 4. We'll be in Florence 4 days in March. Can we buy the Amici degli Uffizi card on Saturday we arrive? Is it a good value for family of 4 if we only plan to be in Florence for 4 days?

Long Beach,CA
Level Contributor
515 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Amici degli Uffizi card

Pericoloso or Eugene, so from what I read both cards (Firenze or Uffizi) allows entry into the same museums right? Firenze card has to be used within 72 hours and can only go in museum once. Whereas the Uffizi card allows multiple times and good for a year.

We are a family of four, however one child is 19 the other 17. So if my above statement is correct if I bought Uffizi card I would save since family = $100 + youth $40 = 140 EU versus Firenze at 50 Euro each = $200 EU

So if they allow same entrance to museums I am better off with Uffizi card?

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
989 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Amici degli Uffizi card

LonnaLinda, Actually, both cards do not allow entry to all the same museums. When you become a member of the Amici degli Uffizi, you have unlimited priority entrance to all the museums, villas and Cenacoli (last suppers) of the Polo Museale Fiorentino network for a full year. You're also helping to support an organization that contributes to the restoration and maintenance of Florence's artistic patrimony. When you buy a Firenze Card, you get a single priority entrance to the Polo Museale venues as well as to many churches and other sights. In addition, you can ride all ATAF buses and trams. However, the card lasts only 72 hours.

Since it would be impossible to see all the places covered by the Firenze Card in 72 hours, you have to study the two lists and decide which ones you want to see. How long you'll be here in Florence will influence your decision. If you're planning a short visit, the Firenze Card might do it for you. If you'll be here for a while, the Amici degli Uffizi may be for you because it's awfully nice to be able to go into a museum when you feel like it and not have to gobble the whole place down in one sitting.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
47 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Amici degli Uffizi card

Did those of you who have successfully order/received your Amici degli Uffizi cards, did you ever receive a specific order number, or some sort of membership id number?

We ordered/paid on-line, then called to request that the card be mailed to our home. The operator was able to look up our order just fine, using only my name (family membership). We then received an email confirming that we had successfully completed our purchase, welcoming us to the Association Amici degli Uffizi. The email stated that they were indeed mailing the card to our home today, which was great. However, we have not received any sort of unique identifying number for our membership.

Do they ever create/send such a number? Or do they operate soley on the members' names?

Houston, Texas...
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Amici degli Uffizi card

We are doing a train day trip from Rome o Florence in July. Will be in Florence for about 12 hours. There are 3 of us -- me, son age 13, daughter age 17. As we plan to go to Academia (1 hr) and Ufizzi (2 hrs), which would cost us 90 euro reserved, it seems like a no-brainer to get the Amici degli Uffizi card family for 100 euro. We also possibly will want to pop-in to other museums, such as the science and armor museums. Again, we will only have 12 hrs. The other option to the Amici degli Uffizi card family is to do guided tours.

Houston, Texas...
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Amici degli Uffizi card

Is is true that the Amici card covers far fewer places Firenze card, and if so, is there an easy way characterize the difference in places covered? Thanks.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,611 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Amici degli Uffizi card

Yes it is true.

See tje lists on the websites:

www.firenzecard.it/index.php…

www.amicidegliuffizi.it/diventa_socio.php…

The difference is the Firenze card lasts 72 hours and allows just one visit, the Amici card lasts a year and you can go as many times as you like.

Houston, Texas...
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Amici degli Uffizi card

peggypatch, thanks for the links. I notice that the Amici card does not appear to cover the Stibbert museum which I thought my 13-yr old son might like (at least to pop-in for a few minutes) but the Amici card family for the 3 of us does save 50 euros as compared to the Firenze card. Also, we we will only be in Florence one day, about 11-12 hours. I have pretty much decided to go to the Academia to see David, but wondering about Ufizzi if we should walk adjacent to it or go in. I am leaning toward going in,

Are churches and museums the places to cool off in the heat of the July day? I have heard museums can be hot. I was wondering about the coolness of the shade in the gardens.

Edited: 6:27 pm, May 22, 2013
Houston, Texas...
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Amici degli Uffizi card

peggypatch, nevermind, I see you already addressed my comments/questions in another thread.. Thank you.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,611 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Amici degli Uffizi card

Clay you can't just pop into the Stibbert, you need to pre-book and take a tour. To be honest, the gardens are more hot than not in summer, although there are shady parts of course.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
47 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Amici degli Uffizi card

To those of you who have successfully order/received your Amici degli Uffizi cards, did you ever receive a specific order number, or some sort of membership id number?

We successfully purchase our cards online, confirmed with an email, which also indicated that the cards are in the mail to our home, as we requested. However, we have not received any sort of unique identifying number for our membership.

Do they ever create/send such a number? Or do they operate soley on the members' names?