We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for 3-day trip to Florence

Washington, DC
11 posts
Save Topic
Advice for 3-day trip to Florence

My husband and I are planning on leaving Rome on the morning of May 8th and taking the train to Florence. I had originally planned to spend the rest of that day just walking around Florence and taking in the sights. On the next day we planned to visit Uffizi and Accademia. On the final day we were again going to spend the morning shopping and seeing other sights before taking a train to Venice. However, I am now wishing I had left some time in there to visit Siena. Is it advisable to rearrage things to take a half day trip to Siena, or should I just leave that for another trip? This is our first time going to Italy and actually our first time going to Europe, so I'm not sure how much I should pack into one visit.

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Siena
Siena
Province of Siena, Italy
Italy
Italy
Europe
Europe
Europe
World
Level Contributor
21,537 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for 3-day trip to Florence

Leave Siena for another trip. Personally, I do not advocate packing too much in a first trip - otherwise, everything gets all muddled up and the pace is too hectic to really enjoy what you've seen. You can take a small trip in the outskirts of Florence - Fiesole - or go to piazzale Michelangelo and San miniato and get a whiff of the countryside - leave the rest for another trip.

Enjoy!!

Mentioned in this post
Siena
Siena
Province of Siena, Italy
Florence
Florence
Fiesole
Fiesole
Piazzale Michelangelo
Piazzale Michelangelo
27,209 Reviews
Florence, Italy
San Miniato
San Miniato
Province of Pisa, Italy
Level Contributor
737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for 3-day trip to Florence

I agree with Anon. Siena is wonderful, but you will enjoy better Florence following the program you mentioned, instead of doing to much things all together!

Mentioned in this post
Siena
Siena
Province of Siena, Italy
Florence
Florence
Washington, DC
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for 3-day trip to Florence

Thanks for the advice! I think I will go ahead and leave Siena for another time. I would love to see it, but I think I would rather enjoy the cities I have already planned instead of trying to cram everything into one trip.

Mentioned in this post
Siena
Siena
Province of Siena, Italy