We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Firenze musei: BE AWARE!

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sao Paulo, SP
3 posts
Save Topic
Firenze musei: BE AWARE!

BE AWARE OF www.firenzemusei.it. I’ve tried to purchase tickets for Uffizi Gallery and had a terrible experience. I tried 6 times and all attempts ended up with an error message when they tried to charge my credit card and the transaction failed. After the 6th attempt, I gave up. I didn’t receive any email confirmation. For my surprise, when a checked my credit cards statements, ALL 6 TRANSACTIONS WERE APPROVED! Now I have 6 charges in 4 different credit cards and NO TICKET!!!

I’ve tried to contact Bassilichi via emails help@bassilichi.it, helpdesk@bassilichi.it, info_firenzemusei@bassilichi.it, fax numbers +39 0554 14851 and +39 0577 578158 and even sending messages from their website http://www.bassilichi.it/english/contacts.php . They DO NOT ANSWER!

Brasília, Distrito...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Firenze musei: BE AWARE!

I am experiecing the same problem, bought the tickets for Uffizi, got the confirmation e-mail 6 days ago, but receive no reservation code yet. I asked for help (help@bassilichi.it) and got no answer. Waiting...

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,229 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Firenze musei: BE AWARE!

Hold on a bit longer, it frequently seems to take longer than the website suggests. If it never arrives take all the evidence you can that you did pay for the ticket and go along to the ticket office when you are in Florence to try to sort it out there.

Brasília, Distrito...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Firenze musei: BE AWARE!

Hi peggypatch, you were right, I just got the reservation code !

Chicago, Illinois
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Firenze musei: BE AWARE!

Since the last post was 6 months ago, perhaps no one will be listening? All the comment are from people who have had difficulty in getting through the system. I had no problem and did receive reservation code from B-ticket. Is this legitimate? Are these problems technical or is this a bogus site? Was anyone refused admission who did receive a reservation code from B-ticket?

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,229 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Firenze musei: BE AWARE!

Yes, it is legitimate and B-ticket is the official site. They had a number of problems in the past, but we rarely hear complaints these days so it seems they have pretty much sorted it out now.

Chicago, Illinois
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Firenze musei: BE AWARE!

Grazie!

Encinitas
1 post
Save Reply
17. Re: Firenze musei: BE AWARE!

I ordered tickets recently through this site and received immediately a confirmation with booking number and instructions to pick up my tickets at the ticket office. I checked my bank account moments later and the correct charge with exchange went through. Looks like they have worked out the kinks.

USA
Level Contributor
18 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Firenze musei: BE AWARE!

Also ordered tickets yesterday online. Had zero problems and got confirmation in minutes.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Firenze musei: BE AWARE!

I had no problem when I made reservations in May 2. I bought 4 full tickets for Uffizi. At that time, children who live outside EU had to pay a full price. Under the new rules (after May 28) all children under 18 have a free entrance to the state operated museums. It includes Coliseum and Uffizi gallery. I was able to get a refund for two tickets (for kids) from Coliseum and now trying to get a refund from B-ticket for Ufizzi. Let’s see what happen. Kids still need tickets and you pay a reservation fee but you do need to pay the ticket price.

Puebla, Mexico
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Firenze musei: BE AWARE!

Kleo564, please may you tell me the web site that you use for the reservation for the uffizi museum? Thanks!!

Edited: 2:33 pm, August 11, 2013