We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hertz on Via del Sansovino

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
210 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Hertz on Via del Sansovino

We are hiring a car from here - is it easy to find? I can't see it on google maps.

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,392 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hertz on Via del Sansovino

Look on Google Maps for "Via del Sansovino, Firenze, Italia"

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
210 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hertz on Via del Sansovino

Sorry, I just read my question back and realised it's not very clear!

I have found Via del Sansovino but can't see where Hertz is located. I have looked at streetview where it says it should be located but can't see anything.

Thanks

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hertz on Via del Sansovino

It's there, try looking at Viale Talenti (it's the same road, it just changes names at a certain point)! You really can't miss it. Best fool-proof way to get there is on the tram. You catch it at the train station (you can buy tickets on the platform or from a tobacconist) and get off at the stop "Sansovino" (stops are announced before you reach them). You will see the Hertz right in front of your eyes, literally steps away from the tram stop, you absolutely cannot miss it!

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
210 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hertz on Via del Sansovino

Excellent, thanks very much!

Seattle, Washington
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Hertz on Via del Sansovino

we are taking a train from venice, which station should we get off at in order to pick up our hertz rental car at via del sansovine in firenze?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,392 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hertz on Via del Sansovino

I think you will find that the only station used by this train will be Santa Maria Novella.

K G
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hertz on Via del Sansovino

is that particular Hertz in a ZTL? or is it outside of it? we want to rent a car to go to siena but want to rent a car from an agency OUTSIDE the ZTL's.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,392 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hertz on Via del Sansovino

So far as I know, all the car rental offices are outside the ZTL. There would be no point in having an office which the customers could not drive from or to.

It is fairly easy to get out of Florence without entering a ZTL: ask the agent for instructions. However, you should not try to return a rental car in Florence city. There are confusing one-way systems and it is easy to accidentally drive into a ZTL or in a bus lane. Return the car at the airport.

9. Re: Hertz on Via del Sansovino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 12, 2014