We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with family room

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
509 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with family room

Hello all.

We're a family of 2 adults and 2 children aged 11 and 12. We're planning to stay in Florence just for 1 night on our way to Rome.

Could I have some suggestions as to which hotel to stay at? I remember a busy shopping area(near the Panerai watch shop, FENDI etc)

I am considering Hotel Pendini. I'm flexible with the cost as my main concern is the comfort of my children. We're from Malaysia where it is warm all year round. So heating is important esp since both of them are asthmatic.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

La Pelle
Gift & Specialty Shops
Roberta
Gift & Specialty Shops
Lo Spillo
Gift & Specialty Shops
St. albert,Alberta
Level Contributor
921 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with family room

We're also doing 1 night in Florence with our children on our way to Rome. We booked "La Residenza dell'Orafo" Our children are 15 and 18 and we got a quad room for 125 euros, including breakfast in March,2011.

We choose this B&B for its closeness to the train station (walking distance) and the sights of Florence. It sounds like we can do a walking tour from our hotel. It gets great reviews so hopefully its a good choice! Its nice to be close to the train station when you don't have a lot of time in the city.

Good luck with your plans

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,425 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with family room

Maybe it's because I am from an Icebox state but the heating in Florence isn't a problem as I experienced it. The buildings, Museums and businesses are heat to almost Florida-like temperatures in the Winter. I often wore only a short sleeved tee shirt inside the buildings because it felt so hot to me. We were in Florence for 10 nights in Feb 2009.

3. Re: Hotel with family room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:51 am, May 14, 2011