We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Florence

South Florida...
Level Contributor
504 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in Florence

Hi, I am staying at Hotel Nizza-Florence in March 06. I noticed that the hotel doesn't have private parking and that they'll charge me 24euros per day to park some place else. My question is: has anyone stayed at this hotel, rented a car and parked some place not so expensive? I am dying here because I have a rental for 3 days at 24euros a day for parking??... The car it self was just 37euros a day... IT'S JUST TOO MUCH. Please help!!

California
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Parking in Florence

I will be spending 6 nights touring Tuscany and surrounding areas with my wife and 1 year-old daughter in April/May 2006.

We'll be travelling with a rental car, and I went through the same thought process you're going through now.

We found what appears to be a lovely property, Casa Nova/La Ripintura, which is situated at 5 minutes walk from the town square of Greve but is easily accessible by car. You can link to it at http://www.greve-in-chianti.com/casanova.htm. The greve-in-chianti website also lists other accomodations in and around Greve. I selected this property because it is a winery with extensive grounds, free parking, and within easy walking distance of shops and restaurants. I found there weren't many places where you could get open space and still be that close to town.

Cheers.