We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to watch England v. USA World Cup match

patjmoore
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best place to watch England v. USA World Cup match

I am going to be passing through Florence Saturday and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where to watch the match. I'm planning on getting an early dinner and then catching the match somewhere (preferably within walking distance from the historic center).

Best Seller
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
7,346 Reviews
from $107.60*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Day Trip with Transport...
783 Reviews
from $107.60*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,390 Reviews
from $107.60*
Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to watch England v. USA World Cup match

We have been several times during the world cup and euros and never found it hard to find a bar with the football on.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to watch England v. USA World Cup match

We go to Finnegan's pub in via San Gallo, 123r - it's about a 10 minute walk from San Lorenzo area. It's unpretentious, clean and they have several tv screens - as it's an anglo pub, it's usually one of the only places that plays any match that involves British teams! (I'm sure the world cup is an exception though and you might find it in Italian bars, but to be honest they're much more interested in Italian matches. At least at Finnegans you're guaranteed it'll be on!!)

Incidentally, there's a great trattoria for a good meal up the road from here (towards Piazza Libertà) at 112r called Trattoria da Tito.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to watch England v. USA World Cup match

Ah, but the beauty of the world cup is that the games are scheduled at different times, so there is no other match on at the same time as the England USA game, therefore it really isn't hard to find a bar with it on. Honestly, we found them on in just about every bar (and many restaurants!) that we went to, I can remember watching games in Florence and Rome as well as in Chianti - in Greve, Figline and Lucolena. You won't have a problem, honestly.

ny
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to watch England v. USA World Cup match

There is a bar called the Lion's fountain that is a good sports bar. I used to go here when I studied abroad. http://www.thelionsfountain.com/

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to watch England v. USA World Cup match

Yes, Lion's Fountain is a good one too, it's at the end of Borgo Albizi.

6. Re: Best place to watch England v. USA World Cup match

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, December 09, 2010