We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a Driver in Florence

New Orleans
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hiring a Driver in Florence

Posted earlier, but didn't receive any suggestions. I would like to have a car service/taxi/? drive us to Siena and back to Florence for a day. Any suggestions? Any idea of cost?

I was quoted from 240E to 1200E. I don't need a tour guide - just a driver.

FlorenceTown
Sightseeing Tours, Cooking Classes, Bike Tours, Cultural Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
Italy Cruiser Bike Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours
Italy on a Budget Tours
City Tours, Multi-day Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiring a Driver in Florence

Have you looked at the SITA bus from Florence to Siena? If you really just want transportation, that may be more convenient, and definitely cheaper. If you really want a taxi service or car service, that cost sounds about right since they would be booked up for the entire day for you.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiring a Driver in Florence

Take the 240.00 Euro quote and run with it! I know you only want a "driver" with a car, but that driver will have to pay for gas, and sit around waiting for you while you run around Siena! You are paying him by the hour, get it?

SoCal
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiring a Driver in Florence

You might want to read this info page, which is under the Florence "Things to Do" link on the left of this forum. The section about drivers and transportation would seem to be particularly applicable for your needs:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187895-c124208/Flore…

Texas
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiring a Driver in Florence

I had a tour with Filippo to the Cinque Terre, you could try contacting him. It was a wonderful day, a very friendly person. I found out that he is a licensed driver as well after all the discussions on TA about this. His email is <guidedtours@libero.it>. Hope he can help you!

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Cinque Terre
Cinque Terre
Italian Riviera, Italy
Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hiring a Driver in Florence

If you book a driver make shure that has a NCC licence, because it will be easy to move in the centre of the art cities. The tariff of E.240 for a full day tour of 8 hours to visit Siena and S.Gimignano is ok and the program can include a winerie as long as you are in the heart of the wine region, Chianti.

6. Re: Hiring a Driver in Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:34 am, November 03, 2010