We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alitalia

Sherman, TX
Level Contributor
939 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Alitalia

A friend and I are travelling to Rome, then onto Florence, in March, flying Alitalia out of JFK then back thru Atlanta. In preparing for our trip, I am utilizing a lot of websites and message boards, and recently have come across one that has alot of negatives about this airline, ie, overbooking, no seats even with a confirmed reservation, rudeness of staff, etc.

Does anyone have anything they can relate regarding this airline, either good or bad? My son has flown this airline quite alot the last 6 months for business with no problems, but reading all of this has caused us concern. We booked our tickets thru Orbitz.

Thanks.

Boston, Ma.
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Alitalia

My wife and I have flown this airline for the last four years, to Sicily via Milan and have found it to be no more difficult than any other airline, in fact, a medical emergency made our arrival in Milan last year almost three hours late, destroying connecting flights, and Alitalia couldn't have been more helpful, flooding our arrival gate with agents to arrange new connections. On plane personnel have always been professional and friendly and I would not hesitate flying Alitalia again. I understand that they are having fiscal difficulties right now but I don't think you have much to fear as far as experiencing a normal flight (and the food is pretty good)