We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pisa airport to florence - taxi fares

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
pisa airport to florence - taxi fares

Best quote I can find for a taxi on Saturday night from Pisa airport to central Firenze is 130 euros. Does this seem to be a competitve price? Its a lot more than the train but I am wary of trains quite late on a Saturday night.

washington, dc
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: pisa airport to florence - taxi fares

I have never, ever heard of any reason why one should be wary of taking the train from Pisa to Florence at any time of the day or night.

There is also the Terravision bus.

I'm afraid the taxi fare is competitive.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pisa airport to florence - taxi fares

Wow, there's really no need to take a taxi from Pisa train station. You're throwing away your money! If you're worried about the trains (though they're pretty safe!) take the Terravision bus, they're designed to fit in with Ryanair flight schedules.

Here's the schedule: www.terravision.eu/pisa_price_timetable.html

The bus is comfortable, safe and takes you directly to Florence's train station.

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pisa airport to florence - taxi fares

Everything which has been said is true - but why don't you just get yourself a few more hours of sleep (for less money I might add) and spend the night in Pisa? Have a look at the Tower early in the morning before the hordes come and get to Florence fresh as a rose.

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pisa airport to florence - taxi fares

Hadn't looked at the bus, so will certainly check that out. Unfortunately staying in Pisa not an option as room already booked in Florence.

Boston
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pisa airport to florence - taxi fares

I made the very costly mistake of showing up at Pisa airport when my flight actually left from Florence... I frantically hopped in a cab and the driver got to Florence minutes before my flight... I believe it was about 190 euro. Definitely take the bus or the train.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
54,845 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pisa airport to florence - taxi fares

Nothing to worry about taking the train on a Saturday night.

Hartlepool
Level Contributor
89 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pisa airport to florence - taxi fares

I have used the Pisa to Florence 3 or 4 times and never had any problems, the train station is inside the airport and you buy your ticket at the kiosk. I even let my 2 sons aged 18 and 16 have a boys only weekend away from the uk and they used the train with no problems. Go for it and save your cash.

Hartlepool
Level Contributor
89 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: pisa airport to florence - taxi fares

I have used the Pisa to Florence 3 or 4 times and never had any problems, the train station is inside the airport and you buy your ticket at the kiosk. I even let my 2 sons aged 18 and 16 have a boys only weekend away from the uk and they used the train with no problems. Go for it and save your cash.

Belfast
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: pisa airport to florence - taxi fares

This is a very welcome item of information: we scoured the websites for transport from Pisa Airport to Florence - the last train is at 22.20 and the last bus at 23.15** - but the double asterisk indicates this may be subject to change. As our Ryanair flight from Dublin is not due until just before 2300, we are hoping that your insight now means we can catch the bus and it may in fact wait for our flight if delayed. Much appreciated.

UK
Level Contributor
537 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: pisa airport to florence - taxi fares

The only 'trouble' I've ever seen on the train from Pisa to Florence was a group of teen school children, throwing scrunched up newspapers and plastic bottles around the carriage. A few of the Nonnas got up and moved to another carriage (tut tutting). It was just high jinx. I stayed in the carriage quite content.

There is not the sort of drink related violence that you get in this country on the Pisa to Florence line.

You could always pick a carriage with people you feel comfortable with.

I think you will be fine on the train.

If its getting out at Florence station late at night to your hotel, then its no different to night time (IMO). Just keep an eye on your luggage and and don't have any flashy bags to attract attention.

How far away is your hotel?