We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Florence- end of october!

Dublin
Level Contributor
28 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Florence- end of october!

Hi to anyone about to visit florence! If you're looking for a funky restaurant try Muna on Via Maffia across the river off Via Santo Spirito. They do lovely pizza and cocktails in a gothic type setting.

The temperature varies greatly during the day at the moment. It is T-shirt weather in the afternoon if it is sunny but it was chilly enough for gloves at night!

If you don't want to queue for museums try going about an hour before they close (if you think that will give you enough time!).

A warning to anyone flying into Pisa airport late at night.. the airport is prone to fog this time of year and they had to close it last thursday which meant we ended up being diverted to Milan! I'm sure this rarely happens though!

Finally, don't bother trying to hail taxi's if you're not somewhere central as they won't stop! Carry a number for a taxi if you think you'll need one..otherwise you'll be walking home!!

New York
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Florence- end of october!

Thanks for your report. It is so helpful. I am curious, did it rain much? I am wondering if it is rainy season yet. I want to be prepared on what clothing to pack for November. Thanks again.